“Lovely”
Review of The Kings Arms

The Kings Arms
Ranked #12 of 27 Restaurants in Oundle
Cuisines: Bar, Spanish, British, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
england
“Lovely”
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner here a couple of weeks ago on a Saturday night arrived at 6.30 table was ready but as it was a lovely evening we decided to get a drink & sit outside as if was early they were fine and even brought out drinks out to us! Staff were lovely & friendly!! Shared some tapas to start all of which were amazing! I had pulled pork main which was also amazing if a bit rich (quite oily & very hot). My friends had burger which looked and tasted lovely and a steak which was not so nice, ordered med-rare came blue & cold and was quite fatty! Also said it came with fries on the menu but actually came with chips which tasted like they had been reheated from lunch. Didn't have dessert as we were stuffed! I'd definitely recommend and will be going back to try the Spanish party menu! Wish this place was within walking distance to me I'd be there all the time!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Tasty Spanish-themed food”
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Hubby had swordfish main and I had the lemon chicken salad. We enjoyed both. I especially liked the beet root purée that came with mine. Yummy puds too. Churros with chic sauce proved. Hit with the kids and we shared a sticky date and ginger pud and a summer pud. Kids menu available.

Visited May 2014
Peterborough
“Just Lovely!!”
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

This pub is fantastic - friendly atmosphere great selection of drinks and the food is great!!

We had Spanish Tapas - and it was top quality and delicious!! Highly recommend and the prices are very very reasonable!!

The owners were chatty and friendly and answered all my annoying questions about the tapas!!

We will be coming back for sure!!

• Visited April 2014
Dursley, United Kingdom
“So much potential... short sighted management”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

This has the potential to be a lovely country pub serving great, locally sourced food - instead they opt for Spanish cuisine and poorly mannered staff. My partner and I purposefully sought this pub out for a few evening drinks but after having spent 45 minutes listening to the barmaid discuss her belief in mythical sea creatures (mermaids) at a volume I'm pretty sure the whole village could hear, we decided to go elsewhere. She was more interested in maintaining her conversation with the regulars propping up the end of the bar than she was engaging with the customers. Her and another staff member were also very familiar with the 'f-word', not that I've never used it or heard it before but hearing it from young females behind a bar was quite unpleasant. Won't be rushing back for a drink or the food.

• Visited April 2014
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“My mums 80th”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Had the most amazing meal for my mums 80th birthday, absolutely perfect!!!!! Will definitely be returning!!!

• Visited February 2014