“Who needs to go to Spain”
Review of The Kings Arms

The Kings Arms
Ranked #13 of 28 Restaurants in Oundle
Cuisines: Spanish, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A traditional country pub with a continental twist. Choose from a fantastic range of local ales as well a menu that caters for every one.
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We spent a lovely Saturday afternoon at “The Kings Arms” , the staff were very helpful and help us with our tapas choice, the food was fabulous and wine was well chilled.
The food came in a timely manner and everything was cooked to perfection.
After our meal we sat in the court yard garden it was just a lovely unexpected experience, we all love Spanish food and to find this quality on our door step is wonderful.
We will return.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Our first impression of the King's Arms was of how attractive and welcoming it looked. The reception we received on entering the olde-worlde interior was just as welcoming. A very pleasant young barman took the trouble to explain the local beers/ales to our group, which was very useful!
We had reserved a table, and we were promptly escorted to it. The menu choice was mouthwatering - and that was before we read the "specials" board, which made some of us groan as it was so difficult to decide what to choose!
Our very patient, cheerful and helpful waitress couldn't have done more to have made our dining experience better. She and her colleagues were attentive without being intrusive, which is all-important when relaxing over a meal!
The food was sublime. Too many delicious dishes to mention here, so I would strongly recommend visiting the King's Arms website and checking out the menu!
We actually live in County Durham, and were down in the area visiting family, but to be honest, we would make a special journey just to go back to the King's Arms again!
It's just the most perfect example of a truly English pub/restaurant. It has it all: Location, looks, ambience, exciting menu, prepared by talented chefs...oh, and the beer ain't bad! ;-)

4  Thank lyndacoolcook
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I organised my birthday celebration here (see my friend's recent review!) and cannot recommend Justin and his team enough. The pub has genuine character and the garden room is delightful - very atmospheric. 21 of us sat down and the food was full in flavour, presentation and it was hot! The service was extremely helpful and attentive and no request was too much trouble. They were very accommodating. Organising this event was a doddle compared to others I have done, and I was given a lot of help over food choice, plus there was no problem with small tweaks and changes as they arose. It was extremely good value for money. All of my friends really enjoyed the event and I have nothing but thanks for the staff. I would also heartily recommend this warm, friendly, pub for lunches and dinners and it's always my first choice pub in this area.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

We were lucky enough to be invited to a friends party which was being held in the Garden Room. It was a sunny day and the whole room had a very Mediterranean feel. We were greeted with chilled Prosecco which slipped down a treat. The food was presented well and timed perfectly. The baked brie for a starter was very tasty and the salmon was particularly succulent. Overall a very pleasant experience.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

We recently visited this pub for a friends birthday party. The food was fabulous, we had halibut to start with - cooked to perfection, and whilst I'm not normally a lover of fish it was superb. Decor simple but warm and homely.
Well worth a second visit. we;ll be back soon.....