“Pleasant Surprise”
Review of The George Hotel

The George Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kilsby
The George Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kilsby
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Dropped in for some food as the place we were going to had a 40 minute wait, really pleasantly surprised the food was excellent i had the vennison partner the saus and mash , wide menu choice the service friendly and warm although the girl seemed a bit tired possibly fed up with something. excellent beer on offer really glad we chose this pub good price too all round winner.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The George Hotel

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

visited this pub for a night out with freinds,good service and the steaks are superb, good value with a taste card,all food cooked fresh to order,good real ales on tap.nice surroudings.good parking,a must if you want a good steak.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank guestyNotts
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We have visited The George a couple of times recently (and in the past) whilst down in the vicinity on our narrowboat on the Grand Union Canal. The food is very good and the menu has several vegetarian options for main courses which is great. The restaurant has a nice feel to it and the service is excellent. Thoroughly recommend this establishment.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank HMG57
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We aren't regulars but do visit several times a year and are always very very happy with the service and food. Good hearty food cooked to perfection. If your reading this and wondering whether to go or not please go and eat here you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mat G
Reviewed January 19, 2013

After enjoying some good meals at The George I am most disappointed to report on a disastrous one! On this occasion I had chosen the meat lasagne for my main course. When our meals arrived they looked lovely but as I cut into my lasagne I realised that it wasn't heated all the way through, it was stone cold in the middle. My meal was returned to the kitchen and a fresh one was prepared, however it was the same as the previous one! The meal was taken away, hating waste I suggested that the lasagne was just heated some more, big mistake! The meal returned with 'hot' salad!! At this point I gave up, I had sat and watched my partner eat his meal, eating in relays is not really my idea of eating out. We were on our way home after a long journey and thought we would eat at The George to save bothering at home, as we often did, I ended up with some toast!!
This is not the usual standard of service, but beware if you order the lasagne!
We have not eaten there since.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chillikaz
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Big family gathering, so alot of people to serve and nothing was too much trouble, service was top class, food was excellent, good beer choice, excellent wine list, accomodated children - overall - excellent! :) THANK YOU

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jenny P
Reviewed November 12, 2012

maggie is a great hostess, she always makes her guests welcome, i have eaten in there a few times, and people have come for miles for her lovely food and refreshing beers, the menu, not what you might call pug grub cheap, for just a couple of pounds extra you get a very very tasty meal, i certainly prefer to pay a little more and be totally satisfied. keep up the good work maggie.

Room Tip: I have never stayed over night as i live localy, but everywhere was clean and tidy, maggie is always...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilsby
Ibis Rugby East
Mercure Daventry Court Hotel
Days Inn Watford Gap
Days Inn Watford Gap
#1 of 1 in Watford

Been to The George Hotel? Share your experiences!