“Good choice for a business conference”

Kettering Park Hotel and Spa
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Kettering
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Good choice for a business conference”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I organised and ran a two-day residential conference here in November 2010 for 100+ delegates. The staff worked hard and made it a great success, with very high delegate satisfaction resulting. The leisure facilities are very good and the food was fine throughout. Bedrooms are all well decorated and we had very problems. If there were problems, they were sorted quickly. It was a bit of a scrum one lunchtime due to other meetings, but apart from that all was very good, so I recommend this venue. It would also be a good choice for a leisure stay, I think.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Roskers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Slovak first
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2012

we stayed here last October half term visiting my dad who lives in Rushden,check in was easy and staff really kind.Hotel was really clean and spacious and the room was a good size and there was a drink and chocolate bar for our child which was a nice surprise plus nice thick dressing gowns including the childs.The pool was really big and there was little special extras such as cotton buds,shampoo and shower gel with a costume drier.The jaccuzi was big and the steam room were really hot.the pool was clean and warm.staff were very kind and helpful, the only problems we had was the arobics lesson in the pool and the shouting from the instructor and really scary looks from the women taking part.The hotel needs to address this problem as it is suppose to be a child friendly establishment.The pool is included in our stay and no mention was made to these lessons and the times which would be not available or suitable for children.We were made to feel really uncomfortable and other families we spoke to said the same.Ladies ! realise we have as much right to be in the pool as you and you need to take up your complaints with the hotel and not take it out on children who have as much right to be there as you,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank diane o
Flackwell Heath, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Booked this hotel an hour before my stay, reservation team were excellent. Check in was ok, but had to wait a while, spa facilities were excellent. Stayed here with my daughter and my parents and both our rooms were really lovely. Food was beautiful in the restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed, but the service was shocking, yes there were two weddings on in the hotel but that should not have affected the restaurant service for other guests. Check out the next day was very quick and easy and the receptionist was very polite and efficient. BUT when my parents checked out the following day they were asked for £75 that I had failed to pay?? I called the hotel explaining I had paid for my accommodation and had charged no extras to my room. I was informed it would be looked into and they would get back to me - no one ever bothered to call me to say that it had been resolved or that they had made a mistake !!! Perhaps re training of staff wouldn't go amiss !

• Stayed November 2012
ShireHotels, Stephen Woodrow - General Manager at Kettering Park Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed the spa facilities, your rooms and the food in the restaurant. We have taken all your feedback on board and we will be making sure all staff understands the procedures with regards to room accounts. We do hope you will return to the hotel soon.

Kind regards
Stephen Woodrow – General Manager
Staffordshire, UK
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on business. Spacious room with separate sitting/working area. Really good bathroom, although getting the shower the right temperature seemed to be an art form. Everything seemed clean, tidy and in good condition.
Small details impressed, like the fact that you get a pint of fresh milk in the fridge for the in-room tea and coffee making facilities. Better than having to use the little UHT cartons you get everywhere else.
The public areas downstairs seemed a bit of a warren, I kept getting lost! Good that they had a couple of real ales on in the bar though (this may have contributed a little). Overall, a decent night away.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. I’m delighted to read you enjoyed your stay here with us. At Shire Hotels we pride ourselves on providing a great service and I’m pleased to read you found this apparent. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind Regards
Stephen Woodrow - General Manager
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We didn't stay at this hotel but just had lunch in the bar. Great service, our steak sandwiches (£14 each, in a ciabatta roll and came with chips) were delicious but the experience was spoiled by all the plates, cutlery etc being dirty. Some of the glasses were also cloudy/streaked. We tried to swop our things with the next table but all the surrounding ones had dirty things too. They obviously have something wrong with their dishwashers or they are not using a rinse agent or enough salt etc but it is unacceptable in a hotel of this standard and so I have deducted 2 points. A pity because the service was excellent and food, including one child's meal, delicious. Children are offered 3 courses plus a drink for £10 which is a bit pricy but the dishes are more like adults' food which my 5yo prefers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for comments regarding our service and more importantly your feedback regarding the plates and cutlery. I was pleased to read you enjoyed the lunch which leaves me disappointed with our short comings. We do hope this has not deterred you from returning to the hotel and we would like to welcome you back very soon.

Kind Regards
Stephen Woodrow - General Manager
Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Paid £49 for a last minute deal which on paper is great. The manager called me when i bought the voucher to book me in, which i thought was really impressive and proactive so my expectations were high.... when i arrived they were so rushed and could barely spare me 10 seconds... chucked me a towel and assumed i knew where to go... the facilties and the treatment were ok.. the afternoon tea was poor, no one knew why i was there and i had to chase for a coffee.. the sandwhich was like a navvies sandwich and an odd contribution to afternoon tea... i suppose tho a week on - it was ok for £50

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments. I’m disappointed to read that your afternoon was not to the high level you were expecting. I have spoken to our Spa Manager and he has apologised for any misunderstanding that may have been caused. I have also passed on your feedback to the Head Chef and we will be looking into our afternoon tea offerings.

Kind regards,
Stephen Woodrow – General Manager
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

We went here for a wedding reception and dinner. They changed the room over very quickly staff was very polite and had a good professional manor. Didn't stay as it was slightly too much in price for us.. we live nearby too so didn't have to travel far. Overall good experience

• Stayed March 2012
Thank you for your comments. I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your time here at the hotel. Our events team are here to ensure that all wedding and events run successfully and smoothly. I’m delighted that you found this apparent during the day.

I have passed on your comments to all staff and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind Regards,
Stephen Woodrow - General Manger
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kettering
Barton Hall Hotel
Ibis Wellingborough
Ibis Wellingborough
#2 of 4 in Wellingborough
Hampton by Hilton Corby

Been to Kettering Park Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!