“Nice room”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Kettering
Staffordshire, UK
“Nice room”
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on business. Spacious room with separate sitting/working area. Really good bathroom, although getting the shower the right temperature seemed to be an art form. Everything seemed clean, tidy and in good condition.
Small details impressed, like the fact that you get a pint of fresh milk in the fridge for the in-room tea and coffee making facilities. Better than having to use the little UHT cartons you get everywhere else.
The public areas downstairs seemed a bit of a warren, I kept getting lost! Good that they had a couple of real ales on in the bar though (this may have contributed a little). Overall, a decent night away.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ShireHotels, Stephen Woodrow - General Manager at Kettering Park Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I’m delighted to read you enjoyed your stay here with us. At Shire Hotels we pride ourselves on providing a great service and I’m pleased to read you found this apparent. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Stephen Woodrow - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Slovak first
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We didn't stay at this hotel but just had lunch in the bar. Great service, our steak sandwiches (£14 each, in a ciabatta roll and came with chips) were delicious but the experience was spoiled by all the plates, cutlery etc being dirty. Some of the glasses were also cloudy/streaked. We tried to swop our things with the next table but all the surrounding ones had dirty things too. They obviously have something wrong with their dishwashers or they are not using a rinse agent or enough salt etc but it is unacceptable in a hotel of this standard and so I have deducted 2 points. A pity because the service was excellent and food, including one child's meal, delicious. Children are offered 3 courses plus a drink for £10 which is a bit pricy but the dishes are more like adults' food which my 5yo prefers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for comments regarding our service and more importantly your feedback regarding the plates and cutlery. I was pleased to read you enjoyed the lunch which leaves me disappointed with our short comings. We do hope this has not deterred you from returning to the hotel and we would like to welcome you back very soon.

Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Paid £49 for a last minute deal which on paper is great. The manager called me when i bought the voucher to book me in, which i thought was really impressive and proactive so my expectations were high.... when i arrived they were so rushed and could barely spare me 10 seconds... chucked me a towel and assumed i knew where to go... the facilties and the treatment were ok.. the afternoon tea was poor, no one knew why i was there and i had to chase for a coffee.. the sandwhich was like a navvies sandwich and an odd contribution to afternoon tea... i suppose tho a week on - it was ok for £50

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments. I’m disappointed to read that your afternoon was not to the high level you were expecting. I have spoken to our Spa Manager and he has apologised for any misunderstanding that may have been caused. I have also passed on your feedback to the Head Chef and we will be looking into our afternoon tea offerings.

Kind regards,
Stephen Woodrow – General Manager
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

We went here for a wedding reception and dinner. They changed the room over very quickly staff was very polite and had a good professional manor. Didn't stay as it was slightly too much in price for us.. we live nearby too so didn't have to travel far. Overall good experience

• Stayed March 2012
Thank you for your comments. I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your time here at the hotel. Our events team are here to ensure that all wedding and events run successfully and smoothly. I’m delighted that you found this apparent during the day.

I have passed on your comments to all staff and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind Regards,
Stephen Woodrow - General Manger
Fareham
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel with good facilities, however room was a bit dated and could of been cleaned better.
Staff were friendly and curtious but need to smile when being attentive.
Service for evening meal was slow and didn't come out at the same time as my wife's meal so ended up eating on my own.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I’m disappointed to read that your evening meal was not to the service level we all pride ourselves in giving. I have passed on your feedback to all departments so that we can review service in all areas. I do hope you will visit the hotel again soon and hopefully the standards will be to a higher level and we can rectify any doubts you may have left with.

Didcot, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

recently arranged a work meeting and overnight stay for 25 guests at this hotel. The conference/events team were brilliant and very helpful and the day and evening went as planned. All rooms were spacious and to a very good standard - although some of the fixtures and fittings are a bit tired and showing their age, but this is only to be expected in a large hotel. The spa facilities were brilliant although I only used the pool, sauna and jacuzzi - wish we had more time there! Breakfast was very good as were both the lunch and evening meals.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ShireHotels, Stephen Woodrow - General Manager at Kettering Park Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I’m pleased that everything with your meeting went as planned. Our dedicated conference/events team work hard to ensure we provide all clients with the best possible service. I shall pass on your comments to the team as I’m sure they will be pleased to hear this as much as I am.
I’m also delighted that you were able to enjoy the facilities we have to offer from our Spa to our restaurant. I hope you will return to the hotel again soon and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Kind regards
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We married here some years ago, it was lovely,friendly staff, rooms were clean,tidy and comfortable,we had the bridal suit which we could not fault,the outside was lovely for photos and seating area inside and out was welcoming, we ate in the evening after the wedding guests had gone home after the reception, ate a lovely meal which was not pre ordered.
I would recommend this hotel for either wedding,conference, relaxing or pleasure, with or without the children.

Room Tip: all rooms are clean,fresh and well maintained.