“September Anniversary 2012”

Kettering Park Hotel and Spa
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Kettering
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I started to visit this hotel back in 2005 after attending a family wedding. The staff and the food seemed really good back then. Myself and my husband attended a family wedding anniversary in September 2012 for 2 nights and we were very shocked with the level of service that we had received. Firstly, the foods for both nights was not up to scratch and the service was slow. I would have preferred a roast dinner than the Ala Carte that was on offer. I was very disappointed and advised my sister in law that we should look for another hotel as Kettering Park Hotel & Spa has gone down hill. My poor sister in law had the worst time checking out, it must have taken close to 2 hrs for the hotel to sort it. It was a nightmare. I will not be visiting again any time soon.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Janice M

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed at the weekend for my cousins wedding. Hotel was lovely, the room was fab and the pool was excellent. Unfortunatley, the resturant was slow and breakfast was cold. Enjoyable stay and would go back just for the pool and spa.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
ShireHotels, Stephen Woodrow - General Manager at Kettering Park Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for your comments. I’m delighted you had pleasant stay and were able to enjoy our spa facilities we have to offer. I have passed on your comments to our Restaurant Manager and would like to thank you for the feedback you provided. We as a team have taken on board your comments and are in the process of reviewing our breakfast service. I do hope you will return to the hotel soon.

Stephen Woodrow - General Manger

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel recently, with a friend, to attend a wedding.The check-in was easy, the bedrooms were spacious, modern, clean and tidy and overall the hotel was excellent.

If I have a criticism about the hotel it is twofold.

At the wedding reception in the evening, the quality and service skills of the bar staff could've been better. Service was a bit slow and you get what you pay for, when you employ young people.

At breakfast the next day, again, the service was slow. It took ages to get tea/coffee, there were few tables available to sit at as quite a lot of tables had not been cleared away after being used. They didn't seem to be up to speed with the quantity of people having breakfast.

Apart from that, the thought that I was excellent, and would certainly recommend it as a place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I’m pleased you enjoyed our facilities on offer. I will pass on your feedback to the team as I’m sure they will want to aim to be at a constant high standard.
Thank you again for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed October 17, 2012

The hotel is in a very strange location in the middle of an industrial estate - having said which, the grounds of the hotel are very nice and you wouldn't know it. The gym and pool looked good, although I didn't use either. My room (143) was a long way from reception but was a reasonable size. The bathroom, however, was pretty dated and the shower not great. You probably couldn't have much of a soak in the bath as it looked shallow and narrow. bed was fine and the room totally quiet - at least until the fire alarm went off at 6am ...

We had a nice dinner in the restaurant and found all of the staff very nice, friendly and professional.

Would happily book again.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed your dinner in the restaurant and should you return soon we have a new menu to try. Hopefully next time you will be able to take the time to enjoy our spa facilities. We have taken your feedback concerning your bathroom on board and thank you for bringing these opinions to our attention.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here for our first anniversary and had a brilliant time, third time we have stayed here this year and we have had a great time every visit.

We saw a Robbie Williams tribute act who was great and whipped the audience into a frenzy (well, 50% of the audience anyway, although he did acknowledge that the other 50% were there to keep the ladies happy lol)

The spa was brilliant and we stayed in there for ages after we checked out.

The room was stunning and the bed was super comfortable,

We wouldn't hesitate to reccomend the hotel to anyone wanting a very restful chilled out evening.

The only fly in the ointment was the service at breakfast could have been much better, but the food was at least nice.

The hotel is easy to find and has plenty of free parking.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Bear_and_Sidan

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us. I’m delighted that you had such and relaxing stay and was able to enjoy all the facilities on offer. I’m also pleased you were able to have such a good time at the Robbie Williams Tribute night. I’m glad to read your anniversary was a fun and relaxing one.
I will pass on your comments to all the team as I’m sure they will be as pleased.
Thank you for continuously returning to the hotel and for your recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I took my daughters to Wickstead Park for the day and we stayed at the Kettering Park Hotel. The hotel is absolutely fantastic. The rooms are very nice, clean and a good size and the food was excellent. The public areas and bar etc are really cosy and attractively laid out. We had lunch when we first arrived and everything was delicious. Dinner was also excellent. My only issue was that I ordered a quite expensive lamb dish but they don't tell you that it comes with pretty much nothing else which either means that you pay a lot more for extra sides or have a fairly small dinner. The quality of the food though was outstanding and we were having a great time so I actually didnt mind. The service throughout the hotel was very friendly and helpful and the pool and spa area was really good. I would highly reccomend staying here for any purpose and this is now top on my list for short breaks.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
ShireHotels, Stephen Woodrow - General Manager at Kettering Park Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read we are now your preferred hotel for the area. We always strive to provide friendly, helpful and excellent customer service and I am pleased to read we achieved this during your stay.
I will be sure to pass on your comments to my team who will be equally pleased with such feedback and we do hope you return to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

What a lovely hotel!
I stayed here the night before a course & having stayed somewhere else in a Travelodge the night before this was a delight! The room was huge and well equipped. I particularly liked the complimentary milk & water in the fridge as I usually go out & find somewhere to buy these items. A good touch. The tea & coffee supplies were also good.
Free Wifi is appreciated & this was not too difficult to access either after consulting reception staff.
The breakfast was lovely although when I was seated the waitress said she would be back with my tea & toast & would take my hot food order. Another waitress brought my tea & toast & then I was forgotten about so had to ask for hot food which made me late & I couldn't eat it all. The hot breakfast was delicious and BIG!
Overall a lovely stay & if I get to stay again I will make use of the spa facilities which looked lovely.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us. Im pleased to read that you enjoyed all the facilities we have to offer. At Shire Hotels we pride ourselves on providing a “Small Details, Big Difference” approach to our service, which would include the finer details such as milk and water in the fridge.
I will pass on your comments to our Breakfast team regarding service, as we should be aiming for much better.
I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Stephen Woodrow – General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kettering
Barton Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Creaton
Talbot Hotel
Talbot Hotel
#1 of 1 in Oundle

Been to Kettering Park Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!