“High hopes but left disappointed”
Review of Vines Brasserie

Vines Brasserie
Ranked #34 of 212 Restaurants in Kettering
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“High hopes but left disappointed”
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Living quite close we were very excited at the prospect of somewhere of this calibre opening in the area. Whilst we appreciate it is early days and the menu will hopefully be extended, the decor and ambience in the bar area......

The whole room felt as though it wasn't finished and maybe that was the case but if so why rush such a venture. This place has so much potential yet the bar area feels sparse rather than minimal, smells of plaster and fresh paint and the carpet looks as though it hasn't been lifted since the last tenants.

If aesthetics are not important to you then you will probably love this place, however we like to feel somewhere as well as enjoy the tastes and this left us sadly disappointed. Perhaps a second visit when things are more established will hopefully prove more rewarding !

“Definitely worth a visit!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We eat out a lot around kettering and felt we had to try this one for ourselves after seeing mixed reviews. I was very impressed-roaring fire as it was a very cold evening,staff welcoming and enjoyed a bit of banter,very accomodating for my fussy friend who wanted his steak and curly kale done in a very specific way,food not quite as good as I have experienced but then it wasnt quite as expensive,and was still very good quality and well presented. Overall we had a thoroughly enjoyable evening and will definitely be going back!

England, United Kingdom
“At last somewhere special to eat in the Kettering area”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We had received favourable comments about the Vines form friends so we went with quite high expectations and we were not disappointed. It was a cold snowy night to celebrate our anniversary but we received a very warm and cheerful welcome form the two lovely waitresses. The decor is tasteful and relaxing and there is plenty of space. The menu is not large and I struggled a bit choosing a starter but they agreed to do me the main course risotto as a starter. The food was excellent quality and well presented, and the price ,I thought, represented good value. It was a special night out and we will certainly be back

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Rodney B
York, United Kingdom
“Average food, average service, small portions,not worth the money.”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I understand this is a relatively new place and my friends who I was staying with wanted to try it out. It is in a lovely setting and the restaurant is well laid out and smart. Our waitress was unwelcoming and seemed incapable of smiling. She wasn't rude but wasn't at all friendly and hospitable. It isn't too difficult to smile is it? The food was average and I have had a lot better in a lot of places. I had the cheese board to finish with and I can safely say that I have never had smaller pieces of cheese on a cheese board in my life. I am not sure it would have been possible to cut the piece of stilton any thinner! The prices were bordering on the expensive even by today's standards. I appreciate restaurants need to make money and portion control is important but this was ridiculous and insulting. I won't be going again but to be fair it was pretty full so I guess some people like it. My friends certainly didn't.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sat evening”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We had looked at some of the. reviews which were mixed. However we decided to give it our try for ourselves. We live within walking distance so,already a plus for us. We have just come back from an evening at the vines. Have to say ambience great, extremely friendly staff even though two of them at least had been working for abut 12/13 hours. Have booked again for next sat as it is our wedding anniversary and really looking forward to it. Thoroughly recommended. Elaine.

• Visited February 2013