“Best Indian in Kettering”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Red Rose

The Red Rose
Ranked #52 of 205 Restaurants in Kettering
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Balti and Vegetarian specialists ~ eat in or take away Function room available for larger groups Delivery service available
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Indian in Kettering”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is a really nice Indian restaurant, the food and service have been consistently good when we've been here.

• Visited January 2013

“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

I love this place - its the best Indian restaurant that I have been to. I am surprised that The Raj is higher up the list but I assume this is probably because they offer 2 for 1. Having said that, I still prefer The Red Rose & offers for other indian restaurants would not make me pick them over this. Always great service & excellent food at good prices. I believe they go the extra mile - we turned up on New Years Eve one year after a terrible experience at another restaurant in the town (we walked out) & wondered where else we would get a table. The Red Rose were fully booked but they managed to get another table from somewhere & fit us it. Great whether eating in or a take-away. I've put the date of the visit as December but we frequently visit & order take-away.

Kettering, United Kingdom
“Never less than excellent.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

Can't recommend the Red Rose highly enough. Polite, efficient staff and lovely food. A bit of a hidden gem. Not sure if previous reviewer mixed up his review as Kettering is not South from Rugby.

Rugby, United Kingdom
“I think that Chef was having a bad night”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

I have been here many many times before and it was and always will be my favorite Indian in Kettering. I made the effort and traveled south from Rugby.
We went at a busy time and didn't book. The place was about 80% full and they had the usual takeaway orders.
From start to finish it took two and a half hours.
I did feel sorry for the staff as they were so busy and there was a couple of large groups in also.
I drank my pint of flat coke very slowly as I didn't want to pay another £3.50 for that. My Chicken Tikka Starter was rank. The usual Chef must have been off sick or something, The Chicken Madras didn't even look like one let alone taste like one and the Garlic Chilli Naan was still soggy doh in the middle.
I didn't complain, They were busy and I'm too polite for my own good.
The Mrs is a strict vegetarian and I am writing this review the following morning. She feels rather ill as she thinks there may have been contamination of meat produce in her meal.
I paid the bill and not once the whole two and a half hours did anybody ask if we enjoyed the food, want more drinks or if we were ready to order. I had to ask. They were very quick at delivering the card payment machine however.
My other half didn't speak to me on the way back up to Rugby, she blamed me for a disappointing night that we traveled 30 miles for.
Sorry but not going there again.
Good luck for the future Red Rose, I hope you sort it out.

2 Thank Si W
Manwar1981, Manager at The Red Rose, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Hi. Firstly I would like to thank you for your review. I very much welcome any feedback positive or negative so that I am able to review areas in which we are going wrong and ofourse rectify so that other guests have a pleasant dining experience with us. I am so sorry to learn of your recent visit not being up to Red Rose's usual high standard. As you can appreciate when restaurant is busy it will take longer for meals to be cooked to your order however it should never take too long as to spoil a night. It is unclear whether you had waited two and a half hours for your meal to be cooked or if this was the total duration of your night out in the Red Rose from start to finish? At the Red Rose we do not hurry guests with meal on the table as soon as possible and serve the bill so that the table can be used to sit someother guests. We strongly believe in providing a pleasant service at a steady pace as to make guests night out an enjoyable one. From the initial point of contact when sitting guests to their table we tend to aproach guests at reasonable times allowing them to relax, order drinks, serve papadams and after a small time aproach to take order. We like to give guests small amount of time in between courses and we never serve the bill until it is asked for. When guests ask us for a super quick service so they can catch a train or go to the cinema we can then speed up the process.

In response to the flat coke, the chicken tikka, the madras and the nan, those are things that could have easily been resolved should you have approached a member of staff. At the Red Rose any issues raised with a staff they do inform me immediately for me to put right. A pint of coke costs £3.00 and not £3.50 and could have easily been replaced. Your meal would have been cooked by three different chefs and not just by one chef. I am surprised that all three chefs could have got it so wrong. We also have strict procedure for cooking vegetarian food seperately which is where one particular chef only cooks all vegetarian meals only.

I do apologise for the terrible experience you and your wife have had at the Red Rose. However I also believe you should have informed a member of staff of your disatisfaction so that we could have made an effort to make things right and turn your evening around to one that remembered for all the right reasons.

All the members of staff have been informed on this negative review and the reasons behind this as to avoid anything similar happening ever again.

Lastly, I'm still in doubt wether you are speaking of the Red Rose in Kettering and not mistakenly reviewed the wrong restaurant as many of the identified issues raised does not sound like Red Rose.
“Consistent Favorite for superb Indian Food and high quality service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

The Red Rose has been mine and most of my Kettering friends Favorite Indian Restaurant ANYWHERE for many years.
I've lived in Kettering for 15 years and curiosity has taken me occasionally to other places but NONE of the others offer the consistent excellence of fantastic freshly cooked, correctly spiced Indian cuisine that you'll find every time at the Red Rose.
I have frequent visitors from all over UK and abroad who also agree that here you'll find the very best Indian food anywhere. Several staff celebrations have alo been fantasitc nights. Friendly helpful service and perfect timing for food delivery to the table.
My only very small grip is the decor and lighting which I find to be too bright/plain.
I love the traditional dark wood, leather, velour and low lighting of some restaurants.
Maybe that's just me but along with the trad Indian music a change on decor and lighting would cement this wonderful restaurant into a place if true legend !! I wear sunglasses and its PERFECT!
Well done to the managent and staff.

Neil M