“Wonderful Italian Restaurant”

Ranked #1 of 220 Restaurants in Kettering
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were taken here as my birthday surprise by my son and partner, and what a wonderful surprise it was. The food was amazing, not the cheapest but quality through and through. The staff could not have been more helpful, ready to answer all enquiries, in a very courteous manner. The restaurant itself had a wonderful atmosphere. I particularly liked the fact that the table were not jammed in together, but we were able to have a good conversation without feeling that the next table could join in. I would happily recommend this restaurant to anyone.

1  Thank Carol B

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Visited here for my niece's birthday - just the four of us - with two vegetarians in the party, a young girl and a meat eater we had a variety of tastes to cater for.
When we arrived the bar area was completely heaving with a large party so we were shown straight to our table. Drinks chosen we gave our attention to the menu. Good vegetarian choices. Starters - Funghi alla Forno, Insalata Primavera and Mozzarella Corrozza were all chosen and enjoyed. Main courses - Asparagus Tortellini, Spinach/ricotta ravioli with mushrooms, chicken breast with sun dried tomato & wild mushroom risotto all equally delightful and tasty. Impressed that the additional side orders of salad all turned up with the main items (how often does this not happen!) and the waitress was happy to explain what every course came with or contained. Sweets were also enjoyed but your reviewer did not have room! Warm pancake filled with Gallone’s vanilla ice cream topped with hot caramel sauce & Tia Maria liqueur especially enjoyed by the birthday girl!
The a la carte menu offers a great selection. The quality of the food is definitely up a notch from most Italians I have visited. The staff were extremely friendly and attentive and although they had a large party booked there was no problem with our food arriving - no delays. I have no hesitation in recommending a visit and hope to return soon.
The only down side to the visit was the large birthday party that took up a table in the same room - they were very loud and sometimes it was hard to hold a conversation across our own table. That said, when my husband settled the bill, the manager did apologise for any inconvenience. At least there was a lively atmosphere - may go back with just my husband and see what it is like on a quieter evening! A very good meal in a friendly atmosphere... exactly panned out as the Trip Advisor reviews had promised. My Review title stolen from the Palmichael website - totally agree.
Car parking easy - head down off the high street towards the church and park in car park near the Olde Victoria pub and walk through the alley way - Palmicheal across the road.

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Palmichael has a monthly steak night on the last Thursday of the month. Had a t bone. Superb steak. One of the nicest I've had in a long time. Overall an excellent meal with very professional staff and attentive yet not intrusive service.
If I was forced to criticise anything it would be that it wasn't clear that the steaks came with chips. That wasn't pointed out when ordering a sides and we ended up with chips and sauteed potatoes. A better combination would have been possible! !

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have been to the Palmichael many times over the years for lots of different occassions and it never fails to impress me. Whether it's a quiet mid-week meal (their 'light bite' menu is a bargain!) or a couple or group of friends or family for a special occassion, the food, service and ambience is always amazing. Definitely the best restaurant in the area.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We visited this restaurant for the first time for my Mum's birthday, 4 adults and my 8yr old neice. We sat for a few minutes in a very comfy waiting area untill we were shown to our table, the menu had plenty of choice, children can have smaller versions, my neice Emily was very happy with her pasta and chicken. I had lasagne, it was very tasty, although it does not have any salad or garlic bread with it, you have to order those at extra cost. The puddings are delicious, I had Melt in the midddle chocolate pudding & ice cream, my sister chose lemon tart which comes with a shot of lemon liquer.
The interior is very smart, with lovely boutique style wallpaper, linen cloths and napkins.
I will visit again, although will try a week night instead of a Friday as they do a cheaper menu as it is a bit pricey, but for a special occasion I would recommend it.