“Consistently Excellent!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Consistently Excellent!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

After moving to the area a year ago, we fell across the Palmicheal after trying all the restaurants in Burton Latimer. It is by far the best restaurant in the area! We visit regularly and I felt that after another fantastic meal last night they deserved an excellent review.
Every time we have been we have had fantastic food. The weekday menu and the standard menu offer an excellent choice. The warm chocolate brownie with pistachio ice cream is always a winner and the risotto dishes are unbeatable!
The staff are always friendly and helpful, and the restaurant is warm and cosy. A sign of a good restaurant is a busy restaurant, so I would advise booking beforehand to avoid disappointment.
I will continue it recommend this restaurant to my friends. It is simply excellent! Keep up the good work :-)

sandy
“A Nice Meal !!!!”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My partner and I decided to go to the Palmichael in Burton Latimer for a nice meal, we have been before so knew what to expect, the staff were very polite and extremely helpful and added to our pleasure being there. The Palmichael does have a rather small seating area for arriving guests, but its not long before you are seated at your table.

The restaurant was very nice laid out very well and quite cosy, the food was excellent apart from one very irritating little aspect, but which spoiled the meal for me, my main meal was rack of lamb with spring onion mash, roasted beetroot and available vegetables, all very nice apart from the mash, it was awful, it tasted as if the mash was old and reheated and very disappointing, why restaurants do this I do not know, it is penny pinching at its worst and spoils a nice evening out at a very nice restaurant.

I have been to a couple of restaurants which serve very inferior potatoes, either by using an "Aunt Bessie" type of frozen roast or in this case what appears to be re heated mash Yuk Yuk YUk and it always shows up.

• Visited October 2012
Kettering, United Kingdom
“Simply the best”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We visited the Palmichael for a midweek lunch - they offer special menus at a set price. The menu options all sounded great and it was difficult to choose. The food certainly did not disappoint, and the restaurant lived up to all my expectations. The service was impeccable, the food was elegantly presented and absolutely delicious and fantastic value for money. We are already planning a return trip to explore more of the wonderful sounding dishes.

• Visited October 2012
Kettering, United Kingdom
“Best desserts around!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Love this restaurant & cannot fault it. Staff are friendly & professional, prices are fair for the quality of food & my husband & I have yet to have a better dessert anywhere else!

• Visited November 2011
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
“Kettering's Best Kept Secret?”
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Ate here last night and was very pleasantly surprised. The quality of the food was excellent and the service very attentive. I have lived in Kettering for over 20 years, but had never heard of Palmicheal until last week. I don't normally do puddings but the Lemon Tart served with iced cream and a glass of Limoncello was exquisite. Will be definately be going back.