“Vivo is delightful where have you been hiding......”

Vivo Italian Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 220 Restaurants in Kettering
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Vivo is a 70 seat restaurant providing an intimate, fun atmosphere for lunch and dinner from Monday to Saturday. Two courses are available every lunchtime and Monday to Thursday evening until 7pm for just £9.95 And a chef's special menu is also available most weeks. Our A La Carte menu is available every night and is changed twice per year. Our restaurant is family-run and children are very welcome at any time - a children's menu and high chair facilities are available. We also will prepare any vegetarian dish that we have ingredients in stock for and have gluten-free food available too. Please note that our wood-fired pizza oven is not usually available at lunchtimes - except by special request for large parties.
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Vivo is a lovely restaurant, I enjoyed the Saturday night atmosphere. My starter was lovely so much to choose from which was the hard part. I had fillet steak which had a beautiful sauce with it, I have never tasted anything like it. I shared a slice of homemade lemon cheesecake too. My friend had a pizza which was cooked in wood oven so authentic. I have to say thank you to all the staff for great service and for a fantastic night and as the manager said Vivo Vivo Vivo Sempre...........

2  Thank jasmine1002003

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I was treated by my husband to a surprise meal here. Lovely place, very homely nice relaxed atmosphere. Food was presented well, hot and brought out in good time. Gorgeous tastey food , no complaints, and the host was great.

2  Thank Sophie M
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Having been very regular customers of Vivo from the date of its opening I felt I must comment on our experiences. I hope you will not be put off by the odd poor report logged here as over our time I have never failed to return an empty plate despite the large helpings. My 11 year grandson voted the anchovy pizza the best he has ever had; praise indeed! The offer of two courses between 6 & 7 pm is great value . The soups are always tasty. I try to avoid the house baked bread with oil and balsamic vinegar but the temptation is too much. The house red is an enjoyable Italian wine. The desserts are delicious but if only the two of us we share and its no problem to get two spoons. The service is excellent and the staff efficient . I have never yet seen an uncleared table not reset upon the customers leaving. We always receive a friendly greeting and thank you upon departure.

2  Thank alexander t
Reviewed March 17, 2013

we went with a group of friends and having read some of the other reviews I was hoping for something a bit extra, I can honestly say it was no better than the chain restuarant Prezzo in Kettering :-(
I had calamari for starters which was a bit rubbery, although the sauce that accompanied it was delicious, my huband had the mushrooms and again they were a bit on the chewy side.
I had penne arrabiata for my main course which the waitress couldn't identify when she was bringing the dishes out and I orignally ended up with my friend's chicken pasta! The pasta was ok, if a bit lacking on the chilli front, unusual for a non-chain restaurant, my husband had chicken and pancetta (or bacon as the waitress called it) with chips and vegetables. The veg arrived a good few minutes after the chicken and was an odd combination of carrots, broccoli and boiled potatoes, hardly traditional for Italy and the carrots were quite crunchy.
All in all a disappointing experience.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

It's the little touches that count on top of the expected quality of food & service. When ordering 1 starter to share (to not spoil the appetite), the starter came split in 2 so we both felt we had ordered 2 starters. Calamari & it was done to perfection... You know the movie "Sexy Beast"? Ray Winstone shows you how Calamari should make you feel, ok that was in Spain.

The main course with the source was awesome and even better Luigi will tell you all about how the chef created the dish.

I highly recommend.