“Love this place”

The Old Forge
Ranked #3 of 227 Restaurants in Kettering
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Old Forge Tea Room serves breakfast , lunch, cream teas and homemade cakes. Indoor seating for 30. Outdoor seating for 30.6 Days a week (plus sundays mid may to mid oct)
Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

This is definitely my go to place great food great service really friendly never had a bad meal good selection of meals drinks and cakes I had the quiche on this occasion which is one of my favourites was enjoyed by all

Reviewed May 28, 2018

This is my go o place to meet up with friends for some yummy dishes or coffee. I don't usually manage to have a coffee or a tea without ordering some food. One of my current favourites is scrambled egg with smoked salmon on toasted granary bread..it's a generous portion of everything and scrumptious. They have a daily specials board and a good menu for breakfast, lunch and tea. There are musical events too, check out the dates in the restaurant. I'm looking forward to more visits to the Old Forge.

Reviewed May 12, 2018

Had lunch for two here recently. Good range of food that is freshly cooked and clearly uses good, fresh ingredients. There was lots on the menu that we could have gone for beyond our chosen dishes. Pricing is sensible and service was impeccable.
Recommend booking as capacity is relatively small.

Reviewed May 11, 2018

Although the family have been here before, it’s my first time but what a treat I’ve been missing. Arrived around lunch time with the place fairly full and not having pre-booked. The staff however were excellent and worked around bookings and seating arrangements to fit us in. We were handed menus and explained that unfortunately the coffee machine had broken the previous day but they had instant coffee which was acceptable in the circumstances as all the other drinks were available. We placed our drinks order and wonder of wonders we could hold a conversation as the music was as it should be - background music ! Placed our food order from the specials board although the menu had a varied selection. This gave me the opportunity to take in the atmospheric surroundings-brilliant. It really was an old forge with the original fire replaced by a log burner, which I imagine would keep the room nearly as warm as in its original useage. Meal arrived and was wholesome and thoroughly tasty !! For pudding we had choice of hot/cold sweet or cake and again nothing too much trouble as one of our party asked for cold custard with apple pie which we got. Cannot complain either about the price as we had drinks, main course and pudding for under £10 per head - what a bargain!!!The only slight downside is parking as this is on street and popularity, as unfortunately several people had to be turned away due to limited space inside and as it was chilly they preferred not to sit at the outside tables. Would very highly recommend but book in advance or you may miss out on a great experience. Will be having words with the family for keeping it from me!! Service and staff all excellent and In the words of Arnie, I’ll be back!

Reviewed April 25, 2018

First visit to this restaurant and very pleased with it. Gets quite busy at lunch time so best to reserve a table in advance. Very friendly and helpful service. Enjoyed our meal; mine was risotto which was very tasty. Will definitely visit again.