“Excellent”

Mangiamo
Ranked #17 of 220 Restaurants in Kettering
Cuisines: Greek, Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mangiamo is a wonderful family run restaurant, located in an historic Victorian Bank, in the heart of Kettering overlooking the newly renovated Market Square with its splendid Fountains. We are all about bringing you the best of the varied flavours from the Mediterranean countries, in a fresh, classic environment with warm friendly service and outstanding value. Our restaurant is individually designed we have great passionate team members and our emphasis is on great quality home-made food at the heart of the local community.
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Had another fab meal at Mangiamos. 17 of us so I pre ordered plus most of us had something different to eat. The restaurant was full but that didnt detract from our meals being out all at the same time piping hot and nobody had to wait. Excellent all round, my favourite restaurant by far.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

I first tried Mangiamo because its concurrent accross the piazza was full. And I have returned them 4 time afterwards, always taking the same thing as I loved it. The bruschetta is one of the best I have had (and I am of Italian descent), the tortellini are proper pasta (although there were once a tiny bit under cooked).
The staff is always very friendly and polite (tspecial thanks to the young man who offered me a painkiller a night my head was aching). I think they are not used to be full anymore and hence a bit short of staff on busy nights: I had to wait 25 minutes between starter and main when the restaurant was overcrowded. But when it is not (which is the case most of the time), the service is incredibly quick, and the atmosphere very pleasant (far more intimate and relaxing than the concurrent).
It is clear to me this is a family business with home made food, when the concurrent is often disappointing when it comes to what you eat.
I would not say it is the best restaurant in the world, but certainly the best I have tried in Kettering and I wish they will remain open as there are not enough nice places where to eat in this town and this one cleary deserves to stay open. The prices are good too!
Will defintely come back again, and I am a picky client!

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

The food served at this resturant is simply impeccable. We ordered dips before our starter with came with a massive basket of fresh warm bread (enough for 4 let alone 2!). We tried 3 starters all of which incredible and all coming out piping hot, followed by our main which were very big plates. The pizza had around 9 slices once we has asked for him to cut it up (it's that big) and the Lamb cutters has four large steak sizes pieces.

Worth every penny and more. Even better and which topped it off the service was incredible.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Interesting choice of food from Italian to Greek. Casual atmosphere with friendly waiter. I had a Greek starter of dips and pitta bread followed by a Greek mixed grill with chicken and kofta kebabs. All very tasty at a reasonable price

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Just eaten here and as normal food was great service was out of this world and the head waiter and waitress know how to deal with customer. I like to go out and have my food and be left to eat it that's what u get here. Visit once a month and will continue too. Well done everyone at Mangiamo