“Stayed May 13th-May 16th.”

Holiday Inn Express Kettering
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Kettering
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I recently stayed here while visiting friends,I was made welcome at reception on arrival,and the staff were very friendly.The rooms were clean and comfortable and the breakfast was more than adequate.The location was just right and as I was using public transport the bus stops were right outside.All in All a wonderful stay and I know where to stay next time.
Many Thanks.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed here, with my wife and grown up daughter, in a family room, on Friday the 17th of March 2013. i found the place to be very clean and very quiet, (considering they were far from empty).

I was especially impressed with the staff in general but one young receptionist stood out in particular. Her manner and helpfulness during phonecalls, ( in which I asked to book in early),
and in person on and after my arrival, were second to none. A real asset to the company! I hope they recognise her true value. (She worked on the day shift, finishing at 4pm on both the Thursday and the Friday).

The room was very clean (well done to the house keepers), and the breakfast was quite adequate...unlimited cereals, hot drinks, fruit, scrambled eggs, beans and sausage and toast,
especially since it was included in the room price!

The room price was surprising good value at £59 for three adults, and as said, included breakfast.

Full marks all round!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We found the hotel to be clean and comfortable. The receptionist were friendly upon our arriving and very accommodating. The breakfast was good. However, the shower head in our bathroom was not secure so impossible to have a shower the next morning! Also, woken up at 2.30 am by people coming back to their rooms with no regard to sleeping guests. We did telephone to Reception who had a word but the hotel is quite noisey as you can hear people come and going at all hours so probably would think twice about staying again - hence why we have given is just 2 stars.

Room Tip: We were downstairs looking out to the carpark - I think it is not the noise from outside you have to...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mena W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kettering, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear mena w,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am so glad you liked the cleanliness of our property and the friendliness of our staff. Your review encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. I would like to apologize for the issues you had with your shower head in your bathroom and any inconvenience you may have experienced with the noise which affected your stay negatively. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class excellence. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 25, 2013

this is were we stay when visiting family in Kettering,the place is clean and tidy the staff lovely the breakfast is not the best but I make do.the rooms are clean and comfortable with good facilities .but the sound proofing seems to be lacking.Friday night a large influx of volleyball teams, those next door got in for about 22-00 and partied until midnight . But then on Sunday 05-00 am there got back from the night club and started again. This time I rang the front desk who came up and had a word , it slowed down and they left at 07-00 am to late to sleep as I was heading back to Cornwall and wanted a early start. A bit more supervision from the team managers would have helped I feel as the girls did not know how to behave in mixed company.

Room Tip: the rooms on the side away from the car park are normally have less noise, this is due to the harves...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kettering, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear jeep10_11,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction. I am happy to know you found our rooms clean and comfortable. I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was not what you had expected, and apologize for the inconvenience caused by the noise challenges and breakfast selections. The items that you’ve mention will be discussed and brought to the attention of the Hotel Management.

Again, thank you for your valuable feedback. We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I enjoyed my three nights stay here. The hotel staff were friendly welcome and accommodating even though they were busy as there was a large group of us here with work.

The hotel is quite new I believe, was very clean and the rooms modern, big comfy beds and nice sized bathroom.

Having never stayed in a Holiday Inn this hotel gives a great impression of the brand and I'd take a look at them again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
MNickerson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kettering, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you so much pmaiti76 for leaving this excellent review of the hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kindest regards,
Marie Nickerson

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Friendly staff, attractive bar/breakfast area and clean modern design. As with all Holiday Inn Express hotels the hot breakfast is a little limited, especially for vegetarians. I was told that real ale (in bottles) would be coming soon, which would be welcome - Premier Inn does usually stock this.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Clean, reasonable sized room, with wi-fi and comfortable beds.

Good sized bathroom, with decent power shower.

Hotel staff were pleasant and helpful.

Selection for breakfast,was limited but you could return for more.

Overall for the price, a nice clean room with a comfy bed.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MW1981

Good morning MW1981. Thank you for taking time out to review the hotel. I am so pleased to hear that the hotel met with your expectations and that you had a comfortable stay. We take pride in the cleanliness of the hotel and appreciate the positive feedback. We are limited as to what offerings we can provide at breakfast, but as you noted, you can help yourself until you are full.
Kindest regards,
Marie Nickerson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kettering
Kettering Park Hotel and Spa
Hampton by Hilton Corby
Holiday Inn Corby
Holiday Inn Corby
#5 of 6 in Corby

Been to Holiday Inn Express Kettering? Share your experiences!