“What a lovely place this is”

Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fawsley
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“What a lovely place this is”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

This was our first visit to Fawsley Hall after being recommended by our friends who had recently stayed there.

I have to agree with them, what a lovely place this is. The hotel is simply stunning and full of history and character.

We had a much needed couple of days relaxing and feeling as though we had been truly spoilt and looked after by the staff.

The afternoon tea was delicious and was just what was needed after a walk in the grounds, they'll look even better now the summer is coming and I couldn't fault every meal we had during the stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
MarkClayton, General Manager at Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you so much for your very kind review to highlight the wonderful experience here at Fawsley

The hotel and grounds are steeped in history. It is a magnificent building, as you so rightly point out. For me personally it is so rewarding and satisfying to know that the team across all areas of the hotel delivered a personal, friendly and happy service.

Again, the time you have taken to share your feedback is appreciated and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Firstly apologies for posting so late after my stay.
Where to begin arrived on a grey Sunday to be greeted by the effervescent Maria a very enthusiastic and efficient receptionist, she went through the mundane parts of check in and then showed us to our room and ensured we were aware of all the amenities available.
Our room was beautiful clean,spacious and had a fantastic view.
We were warmly and sincerely greeted when arriving at the restaurant. The food and service were excellent my apologies for not remembering names but the staff were very attentive and aware without being overbearing or invasive.
Everything was as I hoped as we were staying for my husband's birthday, every staff member wished him a Happy Birthday and it was made more personal with a hand written note and the selection of chocolates on a specially decorated platter at the end of our meal.
Thoroughly enjoyed my all too brief stay and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to run through your comments following your recent stay at Fawsley Hall.

I am so pleased you found all of the team, without exception, to be so helpful throughout the duration of your stay. The team work hard to ensure guest satisfaction is surpassed and receiving such lovely comments, such as yours, makes it all worthwhile. I have passed on your lovely feedback to our team. Again, thanks for taking the time to share your review- I hope to see you back soon!
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

Last visits were for business and I vowed to return to relax and did just that.

The hotel was busy with a wedding yet still felt relaxed and peaceful and the service received could not be faulted.

Beautiful food and the upgraded room was definitely worth it. All topped off with daily relaxation in the outdoor hydro pool.

This is a fantastic hotel which is a must for business and relaxation.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your lovely review following your stay at the weekend. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room at the Hotel and found the team to be so attentive.

I hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.
London
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I was treated by the family to a night away with my husband at Fawsley Hall. We have stayed here before and love the setting and the Grand Hall. Much to our surprise we had been upgraded and received champagne in our room courtesy of the Manager. The room was fabulous and large with lovely views and a huge bathroom complete with roll top bath. We then had afternoon tea with excellent home made scones and sandwiches. Afterwards we went for a long walk around the estate and visiting the small local church before getting ready for a meal in the Equilibrium Fine Dining restaurant. We have eaten there before and were extremely pleased again with the service and quality of the food - the best scallops we have ever eaten!
Breakfast is very good with a good selection.
Throughout our stay the staff were charming and polite and when we returned a few days later for a tasting menu with our daughter and boyfriend for their forthcoming wedding we were recognised and welcomed back by the staff.
We have not used the spa but have taken a tour around and would recommend and hope to use in future.

Room Tip: From what we have seen all rooms are lovely and every room should be quiet. Room 25 has lovely view...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank flipper019
Many thanks for taking the time to run through your comments following your recent repeat stay at Fawsley Hall. I have to agree the Great Hall is certainly one of my favourite parts of the building.

I’m so pleased you enjoyed the upgraded room and dining experience in the Equilibrium restaurant. The staff and team work hard to ensure our guests are happy and enjoy their stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon for your daughters very special occasion!
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Whilst this is a beautiful hotel, set in beautiful countryside, we were left very disappointed after our recent stay there.

Firstly, I telephoned the hotel directly to book, but received no written confirmation of my booking, despite emailing the general manager directly to ask for this. I felt this was very unprofessional and left us arriving hoping that our booking was still in place!

Secondly, we were booked in for a 2 night stay with our 2 small children. When booking it was agreed that we would stay in 2 different rooms as we were attending a wedding on the second day of our stay and wanted our children to be in a room close to the wedding reception to enable us to look after them easily. What the hotel did not explain to us, until our arrival, that is, that we would have to check out of our first room by 11am and would not be able to check in to our next room until 1pm. They were, in effect, leaving us without a room for 3 whole hours with 2small children, despite us paying for a 2 night stay.

When I explained that this caused us great problems, as we needed our small children to have somewhere to sleep, and that we would be unable to get ready in time for the wedding, we were told we could only use the spa changing rooms. I explained that this put us in a difficult position and asked whether we could stay in our existing room (as we had been informed that it was unoccupied on our second night) but we were told by housekeeping that we could not do this and were not even allowed to stay in the room for even an extra half an hour.

After much pleading, and explaining that we were fully paying guests for 2 nights, we were allowed to stay in our room. The staff did nothing to hide their annoyance at this and even went so far as to ask us to pay extra to stay in the room! Again, this was wholly unprofessional.

Whilst our room was lovely, our first night's stay was extremely disturbed by incessant loud noise from a wedding party. No effort was made by the hotel to curb this noise until midnight. Our children were unable to sleep until that time.

The food was distinctly average. We had to pay £16.50 for a small plate of greasy chicken nuggets and chips for our children. This was described to us as a buffet. However, the children's buffet did not materialise. Equally, breakfast was very disappointing. It was served in a cramped and pokey room with a very limited selection, even in comparison to smaller less expensive hotels. There was no table service whatsoever and yet we had a service charge added to our bill at the end.

Whilst this is a beautiful hotel, it is let down by it's noise, poor management, poor food and poor customer service. In particular, I would not recommend it for people with children or for those looking for a quiet weekend.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Brackley2014
Thank you for taking the time to feed back on your recent stay at Fawlsey. I was disappointed to hear that you had encountered such frustrations, as this does not reflect the true level of quality service we provide at the hotel.

Apologies for any confusion in acknowledgment of your original email to myself but I had not received anything through. If this had been the case I would have of course responded to confirm your booking accordingly.

Since receiving your feedback I am delighted that my colleague Fabio has discussed your points in detail directly with you and I am really pleased you are happy with the outcome of this conversation. As discussed you should have no way encountered the issues with changing room and as confirmed at the point of booking it should have been a smooth transition moving from one room to another.

Myself and Fabio have addressed this with the Reception & Housekeeping team and as noted appreciate the time you have taken to both publish this feedback and speak with the team to have it resolved
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2014

My friend and I stayed for 2 nights on the spa break package as an alternative to our normal health spa break at Champneys. We were really impressed, the grounds and surrounding walks are stunning, the food and service was exemplary. We enjoyed a few different beauty treatments, the pool and outside hot tub. The only slight niggle was that on arrival nothing was explained to us in terms of the meals inclusive in our package - a waiter explained it all later that evening so it was no big deal I suppose. The drinks are pretty pricey but as you would expect, we thought the bar food was just as nice as the brasserie so try both if you can. We will definitely return!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Many thanks for your review following your weekend stay. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Hotel and Spa treatments and the stunning walks we have around here at Fawsley.

Regarding the Reception, I have fed this back to our team to ensure we maintain the highest of standards and that similar incidents don’t occur in the future.

Again, many thanks for taking the time to share your review- We hope to welcome you back soon!
Higham Ferrers, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We decided to take a relaxing weekend break at Fawsley Hall.
From the moment we drove through the gates of the impressive grounds we could feel ourselves unwinding. The breathtaking buildings, wonderful rooms and that stunning great hall are not to be missed. We had dinner in the restaurant and enjoyed a wonderful steak complimented perfectly with a great recommended wine.
The staff were all friendly and courteous with nothing too much trouble, especially Natalie who went out of her way to ensure we had a good stay! (Thank you!).
If your reading this review and thinking of staying at Fawsley Hall, you will be mad to pass this place by... We will definitely be returning soon!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
It was great to read that you loved our hotel and had such a wonderful stay with us recently. The whole team are working hard on our Hand Picked service standards so it’s lovely to hear that you found everyone to be so friendly. We are soon starting a refurbishment of the bedrooms so you must return to see the investment we are making.

Again, many thanks for taking the time to share your review
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fawsley
Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa
Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel
Barton Hall Hotel
Barton Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Barton Seagrave

Been to Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!