“Fantastic Stay!”

Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fawsley
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stayed two days in this remarkable hotel. The hall is breathtaking and certainly has the wow factor. We just loved sitting in there after breakfast to read the paper and after dinner with a coffee. Fawsley Hall is a special place to stay. We had a lovely big room, No. 4, with a super king bed and large ensuite bathroom with a separate shower. It was very clean, the staff are very friendly and attentive. Also in the room is a coffee machine if you like an espresso! Which I do and this was most welcome! Dinner was delicious with a good varied menu. Breakfast cooked to order as well as a buffet with croissants and pastries, cheeses and hams, etc. The Spa is lovely too. Was not too busy and perfect for relaxing. Overall, I've thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would definitely return.

Room Tip: We stayed in the old part of the hotel - didn't see the new rooms so can't comment, but room...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
MarkClayton, General Manager at Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Thank you so much for your very kind and wonderful review.
I am delighted to read that you had such a fantastic experience.
Fawsley is steeped in history and is a magnificent building as you so rightly point out, the hard work to make it so special was carried out a long time ago. For me personally it is so rewarding and satisfying to know that the team across all areas of the hotel delivered the personal, friendly, happy and attentive service that lived up to that of this wonderful building. I have shared you review with all of the team who I know will take extra pride from the recognition of a job so well done.
Again, many thanks for taking the time to share your review- I hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I've just had a perfect weekend away with friends, we were made to feel really welcome.. All staff were really friendly and helped enhance our stay by suggesting local attractions etc they couldn' do enough for us. We had treatments in the spa on arrival which were amazing, the therapists listened to our expectations and needs and tailored the treatment to suit. We also went in the Hydro-pool which is out of this world, a great way to relax after a long drive, a must try when visiting this hotel!!
The food was beautiful the full English breakfast each morning which was a great way to start the day and the continental breakfast offered a wide variety meeting the needs of everybody. We dined in the Bess's Brasserie which didn't disappoint, the dining experience was second to none the staff were attentive and the food delicious! I had the Liver parfait, BBQ glazed belly pork and Boozy cherry dessert, I can describe how tasty the food was, I am extremely pleased.
We had the chance to see a variety of rooms, all amazing and I would be happy to stay in any as they are all unique in their own way. As for a good nights sleep, I was very relaxed, the beds are very comfy and the rooms have everything you would need!
I cannot wait to stay again we are already planning our next trip and I would highly recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your amazing and detailed review following your “Perfect Weekend Away”
I am also pleased to hear you had an enjoyable time with us and made time to use all areas of the hotel during your stay.
It is so satisfying for me and the team when we receive recognition and appreciation for a job so well done.
I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I booked fawsley hall as a weekend break for my wife's 42nd birthday.

we have both stayed in Ettington park, Wood Hall, Rookery Hall & Crathorne Hall before and experienced total relaxation and value for money with the service and attention that you would expect of a country retreat .

Upon arrival to Fawsley Hall we were greeted with a barrage of complicated evening meal information regarding different menus and allocated allowances and made to feel pressured while getting used to our surroundings and trying to start our long awaited (without children) relaxing weekend break.

We were then shown to our room (room number 8). A tiny room, noisy, a view of a brick wall and the workings of the hotel, a old ironing board lent up against the wardrobe. The bathroom wasn't much better, dated, cracked floor tiles and mouldy sealant. The TV was a small as an I pad.

After requesting and feeling like a real nuisance, we were shown to another room,( room number 45) a much better room although the bathroom is in need of updating and the shower is poor and can scald if not careful.

The views from this room are beautiful and the room is lovely and quiet.

We ate in the brasserie on the first night and were given two menus to choose from, we tried to order from both and mix and match what we fancied but we were quite quickly shot down and almost told off like little children for mixing the menus up, we were told we couldn't choose from both!?

We were staying on a heritage break including complimenry drinks inclusive meal and breakfast, when the bill arrived it was for the total cost of all the drinks and food, when I questioned the bill the drinks were deletetd but the rest stayed on the bill, when questioned again we were then told that we needed to go to reception to take up the matter! Hardly relaxing? We left it until we checked out and sorted it out then.

All in all the hotel is fantastic but in need of staff training and investment in the rooms and some of the thread bare furniture .

We both love the handpicked hotels and hope this review is of some help to improving the service and quality that customers expect.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tim h

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay, naturally I was disappointed that we didn’t meet your expectations, I would like to assure you that this is not the usual experience and regular feedback that we receive from our guests.
I will feedback your comments to our team with regards to the food and Beverage team as we did genuinely receive very positive praise from many other diners that day and evening.
If you feel you would like to discuss your stay further I would welcome to opportunity to discuss the individual aspects with you personally, any feedback is gratefully received.

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Fawsley Hall is a stunning hotel surrounded by gorgeous country side, I have just spent the weekend there and didn't want to leave, I got welcomed by the lovely reception team who were always smiling :) my room had this tremendous view of the lake and countryside, I had a facial in the spa on arrival which really relaxed me Julia the Spa Manager is a lovely lady and was very helpful, we also went in the outside hydro pool which was phenomenal an absolute must try!
At dinner I got the liver parfait, BBQ glazed belly pork and sticky toffee pudding which I can't describe how delicious everything was I am extremely satisfied and then breakfast the next morning the full traditional breakfast was 2nd to none! Loads of choices on the continental front too. I would happily have a canvas of Fawsley Hall's gardens on my living room wall ... Just amazing!!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

We really appreciate you taking the time to run through your comments following your recent stay at Fawsley Hall.
I am so pleased you found all of the team, without exception, to be so helpful throughout the duration of your stay. The team work hard to provide a high level of attentive service and receiving such lovely comments such as yours makes it all worthwhile. I have shared and discussed your review with all of the team.

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I've just had the most amazing weekend at Fawsley Hall with my partner and friends, we felt really welcome. Our room was the Elizabeth Hampden it had a double bay window with views of the country side which was just exquisite listen to the sheep having their breakfast on a morning :) we also dined in Bess's Brasserie which had a lovely warm friendly feel and the lovely Irita (waitress) was very happy to see and serve us. We finished off with some tea in the grand hall which is exactly like it's name 'Grand' in a nut shell I can't wait to go back.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for your lovely review following your stay at the weekend. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room at the Hotel and found the team to be so attentive.
I hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from a one night stay at Fawsley Hall & cannot recommend highly enough.
We arrived mid afternoon with a table reserved for Afternoon Tea in the Great Hall- which is absolutely stunning. Unable to decide we opted for both a sweet and savoury afternoon tea which were both beautifully presented (see pics attached!)
Following afternoon tea we made our way to the spa for our pre booked treatments- I opted for a facial and my friend the hot stones massage. The therapists were warm and welcoming and we both thoroughly enjoyed our treatments. We took some time in the Spa to lounge by the pool, there is a kitchen area to help yourself to chilled water or hot drinks and a conservatory overlooking the outdoor jacuzzi too. The highlight for me was sitting in the beautiful gardens with our feet dangling in the heated outdoor jacuzzi- absolute bliss.
Feeling totally relaxed we opted to dine in Bess' Brasserie, again great service and lovely fresh and light food to choose from.
We both slept well in our perfect, pink room and had a lovely breakfast to start the day. What more could you ask for?

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review following your recent stay and afternoon tea at Fawsley Hall.
I do agree the Great Hall is the perfect setting for Afternoon Tea and I am so pleased you enjoyed both the food & the service.
I am also pleased to hear you had an enjoyable time with us and made time to use the Spa whilst you were here, along with finding the gardens and dangling your feet in the hyrdo pool to be a bliss!
Regarding the Restaurant, I have fed this back to our team to maintain the highest of standards.
I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

My partner and I stayed in Fawsley Hall on Mothering Sunday. The greeting was warm and the staff could not do enough for us.

In the evening we ate in the brasserie it was very good and the service was really really good, attentive and with a little personality from our French waiter we enjoyed the meal very much.

In the morning breakfast was also vey good, with a wide selection of choice.

All in all a very good stay, I would have no problem recommending Fawsley to friends and family.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
MarkClayton, General Manager at Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Many thanks for you lovely review following your stay at the weekend. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Hotel and found the team to be so attentive.

I am delighted that you will recommend Fawsley Hall to your friends and family and hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fawsley
Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa
Kettering Park Hotel and Spa
Barton Hall Hotel
Barton Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Barton Seagrave

Been to Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!