“Really great stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fawsley
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Really great stay”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

My partner and I stayed in Fawsley Hall on Mothering Sunday. The greeting was warm and the staff could not do enough for us.

In the evening we ate in the brasserie it was very good and the service was really really good, attentive and with a little personality from our French waiter we enjoyed the meal very much.

In the morning breakfast was also vey good, with a wide selection of choice.

All in all a very good stay, I would have no problem recommending Fawsley to friends and family.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
MarkClayton, General Manager at Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Many thanks for you lovely review following your stay at the weekend. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Hotel and found the team to be so attentive.

I am delighted that you will recommend Fawsley Hall to your friends and family and hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We stayed in a luxury room which was spacious and well appointed. There was a large flat screen TV, mini fridge with fresh milk for tea and a Tassimo coffee machine. The large bathroom had a separate bath and shower. The large bed was generally comfortable with a soft feather mattress topper although personally I found the mattress very soft. The building is obviously old and some of the floor boards were noisy, including those in the room above, so if you are a light sleeper you may want to ask for a top floor room.
We chose Fawsley Hall for the spa facilities and they were good if basic. The pool was a great size for swimming and a good temperature. There are several loungers around the pool area although we did have to move towels from them so we could use them - three hours later no one had returned for them, so you might have to be bold! Robes, slippers and as many towels as you need are provided, and there is a kitchenette where you can make drinks.
They do allow children in, so there was a very noisy hour, so be warned.
When you book it does state that you can only use the spa until noon on the day of check out, which means that by the time you have had breakfast and checked out it is probably too late. In reality they didn't mind and we stayed until about 4pm.

The food in the evening was OK but nothing special. Breakfast was much better with a good selection of food, but not the wide variety of items you get in the big chains. You won't be hungry!

We had morning coffee in the Great Hall, where there are plenty of newspapers available. Once again there were kids running round. It is amazing how just two over excited and under controlled children can ruin the ambience of a place. Personally I don't expect to have to tolerate this in a hotel of this nature and price.

The one thing that really stood out was the staff. Without exception they were all friendly, polite and efficient, exactly what you would expect and a credit to all involved.

Overall we had a really relaxing weekend, and would definitely return for another chill out.

1 Thank LittleDollyUk
Thank you for your review following your recent stay, I appreciate you taking the time to provide your kind words and comments.

I am pleased to hear you had an enjoyable time with us and made time to use the Spa whilst you were here. I am glad you had a relaxing time and have fed your comments back to the Spa team regarding the towels on the loungers.

I am so pleased you found all of the team, without exception, to be so helpful throughout the duration of your stay. The team work hard to provide a high level of attentive service and receiving such lovely comments such as yours makes it all worth while.

I hope to see you back at the Hall in the not too distant future.
London
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Fawsley Hall is an impressive building, and the staff are generally very friendly and helpful. My husband and I stayed for one night so didn't do justice to all facilities, but were a little disappointed on some fronts. Based on the price, we'd expected a high level of luxury, and our room was nice, with a good selection of teas and fresh milk - always a good touch. We read that the hotel had a range of DVDs for those rooms with a DVD player - but we only had a very old TV, with five channels (kind of) and no DVD player. We asked at reception and were given a DVD player to take to our room and set up - the first was broken and though the second worked fine, it would have been nice if this had been arranged for us while we were at dinner.
Dinner was disappointingly bland - garlic butter greens without garlic butter or seasoning, roasted beetroot with chilli flakes without chilli flakes, barbecue pork belly wasn't barbecued... we passed on the rather pricey desserts. By contrast - breakfast was delicious - Belgian waffles with vanilla cream and strawberries. Just slightly marred by the waiter asking whether we would want anything more from the buffet as they were clearing up just five minutes after the end time for breakfast. Feeling a little rushed we returned to our room to pack, only to find someone cleaning it - just an hour before we were to check out. We explained that we were checking out shortly but to no avail, so had to wait in the lounge until they were finished. All in all, not quite as good as we expected.

1 Thank BKingLondon
Many thanks for taking the time to run through your comments following your recent stay at Fawsley Hall.

Whilst I am pleased to note your found the team to be helpful throughout your stay, it is disappointing to hear some issues marred your stay with us.

I would like the opportunity to discuss your stay a little further personally, may I ask you contact me directly on ..... Orb email mclayton@handpicked.co.uk

With kind regards
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Had afternoon tea in the Great Hall for a pre Mother's Day treat. Had one savoury and one sweet full afternoon tea and it was delicious. They also gave me a box on my request, so that I could take some leftovers with me. Excellent quality food and good service. I did stay overnight in the hotel last year but have previously left a review for that.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review following afternoon tea at Fawsley Hall.

I do agree the Great Hall is the perfect setting for Afternoon Tea and I am so pleased you enjoyed both the food & the service.

I hope to welcome you back in the future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We stayed for one night with dinner in the Equilibrium restaurant. We had a 'Club Room' which was beautifully furnished with a really comfortable bed and a spacious and warm bathroom. The onsite spa is nice, too - the outdoor jacuzzi was a great experience, especially when it started hailing suddenly - and good treatments. All of the staff were very helpful and welcoming. In short it really felt like a 'special occasion' place and we really enjoyed it.

The only thing that stops this getting five stars was the food. The food in the Equilibrium restaurant was a bit patchy and didn't really match its billing, or the prices, and although there is a good range available at breakfast my eggs benedict had clearly been reheated, badly, and were still stone cold in the middle. The bar food and afternoon teas looked good though so if we stayed here again we would probably eat in the Brasserie.

A few cocktails in the great hall after dinner summed the place up well: expensive, but served with a smile, and overall a definite 'wow' factor.

1 Thank quills11
I am so pleased you had a great stay at Fawsley Hall and have shared you kind comments with the team.

Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding both Dinner and Breakfast, I have fed this back to our Chef who will ensure procedures are put in place to maintain the highest of standards.

It's great to hear you made use of the Spa and I am delighted you found the team to be so welcoming.

Again, many thanks for taking the time to share your review- I hope to see you back soon!
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We visited Fawsley 7 months ago for afternoon tea and were greatly disappointed with the service and quality. This time however things were totally different. Under the guidance of Mark Clayton, Suzanne and team there is a positive new ethos around. The place was alive and vibrant and although there was a wedding with 100 guests and over 100 sittings for afternoon tea at no time were we made to feel hassled or in the way. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome and the friendly staff were most helpful.
The afternoon tea menu has also undergone a radical and exciting change making it difficult to choose! I opted for the savoury afternoon tea which was imaginative and delicious. My family also confirmed the traditional tea to be equally yummy! I also noticed a special menu for little diners. Nice touch!
We had a relaxing time and a delicious tea. It was lovely to see other people there. Word is obviously getting around and rightly so. Fawsley is not only a beautiful building but a great place to visit!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
I am so pleased that following your afternoon tea last year you have given us another chance to show you what we can offer, I do recall your original review, it was also nice to bump into you on your return visit and meet with you and your family in person.

The team have worked incredibly hard over the last 6 months and will take huge pride in reading such a complimentary review.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the new afternoon tea offerings and appreciated that we now cater for 'little diners' too.

Thank you also for the thank you card that I received in the post, I have shared the contents of this with the team also

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night with dinner. We had a lovely room in the old part of the hotel and had a really lovely evening. The room was fantastic, comfortable and beautiful. It had everything, robes, slippers, lovely fresh coffee machine, comfortable furniture lovely bathroom.

The staff at Fawsley are all lovely, very helpful and really make you feel special.

Dinner was nice, a bit rich for my taste and I think could do with some lighter options.

Coffee in the great hall afterwards by the fire is a must.

Breakfast was faultless, again the staff couldn't do enough and the food was lovely.

The spa is good, a little basic but fine for a nights stay.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for such a complimentary review following your recent stay. It's great to hear that you found the team to be so welcoming and that you felt so special throughout your stay with us.

I have passed on your lovely comments regarding the bedroom to our housekeeping team.

With regards to your comments regarding dinner- I have shared your thoughts with our Chef and do appreciate your feedback.

Again, many thanks for such a lovely review and I hope to see you back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fawsley
Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa
#1 of 1 in Creaton
Barton Hall Hotel
Barton Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Barton Seagrave

Been to Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!