You let me down! After a few months of waiting and excitement, myself and My wife along with two dear friends visited Fawsley for afternoon tea to celebrate both of our wedding anniversaries. On being shown to our table we sat down and started to ponder at the menu laying on our plates. My wife's was immediately taken out of her hands by the waitress to be told 'I already know what you are having'. Good start! 20 minutes later our tea and coffee arrived, not too bad as we had a lot to talk about. Another 35mins passed before our food arrived, 1 savoury and 1 cake tray. As you can imagine at this time our drinks were all gone but not once did the staff ask if we would like more. Half way through the tea and feeling very 'dry' and no sign of any staff, we decided to go looking for one. We noticed earlier there had been 6 staff on call and wondered where they had all dissappeared to. Unfortunatley I could not find any and it was not until 15mins later when my wife and her friend acctually found one to ask for more drinks. On the trays of food there was a pitence of 'Afternoon Tea' 2 of each savoury and 2 of each sweet including 2 scones between the 4 of us. We were never offered any more tea or any more food. Considering there was about £10 worth of food and drink served between the 4 of us it was never worth over £80 it cost us unless it was all for the ambience and surroundings! May I suggest the management really ought to take their staff to 'The Ritz' in London to see how afternoon tea is really done, you would learn a lot. Don't get me wrong the food was of a good standard but service and portions really let you down. Would not recommend it, not value for money! Very dissapointed!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Steeped in tradition and history, Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa in Northamptonshire is a beautiful country house hotel surrounded by formal gardens and parkland landscaped by Capability Brown in the 1760s. It was a home built for entertaining: Henry VIII, Elizabeth I and other monarchs all enjoyed its fine hospitality, and that tradition continues to this day. The hotel has been awarded 4 AA red stars and 2 Rosettes for its Cedar Restaurant, which offers a host of treats, not least of which is afternoon tea, a much loved tradition within our walls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fawsley Hall Hotel Fawsley
- Hall Hotel Fawsley
- Hall Fawsley
- Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa England