We took our French friends here for Sunday lunch. We knew they would admire the setting in any weather but we were fortunate enough to have a sunny autumn day. The set lunch was good value considering the setting and the service. I don't like mustard so shouldn't have ordered the prawn cocktail as a starter, but then I wasn't expecting that as an ingredient! Apart from this all the food was beautiful. We all had the traditional roast beef and Yorkshire pudding. Everyone said they were too full to have dessert and then had it! The total bill for 4 with a good bottle of wine and tip was £156.
We sat in the main hall afterwards enjoying the huge log fire and resolved to come back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Steeped in tradition and history, Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa in Northamptonshire is a beautiful country house hotel surrounded by formal gardens and parkland landscaped by Capability Brown in the 1760s. It was a home built for entertaining: Henry VIII, Elizabeth I and other monarchs all enjoyed its fine hospitality, and that tradition continues to this day. The hotel has been awarded 4 AA red stars and 2 Rosettes for its Cedar Restaurant, which offers a host of treats, not least of which is afternoon tea, a much loved tradition within our walls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotel.de, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fawsley Hall Hotel Fawsley
- Hall Hotel Fawsley
- Hall Fawsley
- Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa England