We were not fortunate enough to be staying at Fawlsey, merely attending a luncheon for an 18th birthday for one of our very close friends' daughter. My wife and said firend had been to the hall beforehand to arrange things such as table decorations and found the staff to be very attentive and cooperative and my experience was the same.
The property is beautiful - a significant country house set in parkland grounds in a choice spot. This makes quite an impression on arrival and the exoerience, for us was maintained at that level without disappointment. We sat in the Great Hall to have pre-lunch drinks and were struck with what a fabulous room this was - sitting close enough to others not to feel isolated and lonely but certainly not so close as to know their business. The room is decorated and furnished with nice touches and in itself is pretty impressive.
Lunch was in the Brasserie, though there were other options to be had. This is a very pleasant dining room with the same appropriate mix of space and intimacy. Food was first rate. I enjoyed everything that I had and they managed to serve well-done beef to those in our party who asked for it and properly medium reare for those of us that prefer meat to leather. Absolutely top notch, and with helpful but not intrusive service.
Tea after luch back in the great hall gave us a chance to explore a little and we also went for a walk in the beautiful grounds. Admittedly we were spoilt by a fantastic sunny day (most un-October), but the whole occasion was a treat. I would definitely liek to come back to sample more food and perhaps to stay here when the moment presents itself!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Steeped in tradition and history, Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa in Northamptonshire is a beautiful country house hotel surrounded by formal gardens and parkland landscaped by Capability Brown in the 1760s. It was a home built for entertaining: Henry VIII, Elizabeth I and other monarchs all enjoyed its fine hospitality, and that tradition continues to this day. The hotel has been awarded 4 AA red stars and 2 Rosettes for its Cedar Restaurant, which offers a host of treats, not least of which is afternoon tea, a much loved tradition within our walls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fawsley Hall Hotel Fawsley
- Hall Hotel Fawsley
- Hall Fawsley
- Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa England