“Great dining experience at Bess's Brasserie at Fawsley Hall”
Review of Equilibrium at Fawsley Hall - CLOSED

Equilibrium at Fawsley Hall
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Having read some of the reviews for Fawsley Hall, I was a little worried when my wife advised me that she had booked it for our wedding anniversary. I really need not have been as the food was superb (with very adequate portions), the service was excellent and the surroundings were amazing.

I didn't feel the prices were out of line with what I'd expected and there was a good choice on the menu. Wine was priced about right for this country, given that you always appear to pay more in the UK.

I really cannot fault it and will certainly visit it again.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

The hall that we ate our afternoon tea in, is undoubtedly beautiful. However, the sofas are looking rather shabby and quite grubby in places.
Afternoon tea itself was pleasant but not exceptional, the portions were tiny with only four fingers of sandwiches each with very boring fillings. The sandwiches in my local Co-op are far more interesting! There was one scone each and only four little cakes and pastries and with the exception of the macaroon were all underwhelming and lacked any flavour at all.
The overall experience was pleasant and relaxed, there were magazines and books on offer to read and relax. The were no offers of top ups of teas or indeed sandwiches or cakes like you do at other places we've had afternoon tea at. Would we go again? No too expensive for what you get.

1  Thank TravelSoandSo
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Food was tasty, but the service was pretentious and it was all over priced for what you got. Not worth the effort as the staff & management are not interested.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Average food for such a beautiful setting at Fawsley hall. Really nothing special at all. Service was very good.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Very good food and service. Very enjoyable evening. Book early as it was fully booked when we went. We had drinks in the hall before sitting at the table.