“Terrible Food”

Equilibrium at Fawsley Hall
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Visited Fawskey Hall for lunch with six friends. The service was at best average. The food was poor. When it finally arrived, it was cold, the meat over cooked, the vegetables obviously reheated, the Yorkshire pudding was rock hard, the roast potatoes hard. Three members of the party sent their main course back and even when it was returned (which was after the remainder of the party had finished) the food was no better.
The only saving grace was the Manager, who dealt with the complaints efficiently and calmly.

2  Thank AvonDasset
There are newer reviews for Equilibrium at Fawsley Hall

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We had crab to start which was smothered in mayonaise and my wife had duck for the main course which she left on the plate because it was under cooked. I had saddle of beef was was so dry and tough I could not eat it. I had a cheese board to finish which was very bland. The wine although drinkable was overpriced

2  Thank topdogNorthants
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Husband and myself dined in this restaurant which it would seem was a small curtained off room. Very intimate until we were joined by a larger more vocal group which was quite unfortunate. The hotel also has a brasserie restaurant which I think is a little more laid back.
The three course menu has approx six choices per course and is a set price of £59 per person. Certain courses are available for a supplement.
We both ordered scallops to start (£3 supplement) and they were huge and delicious. For mains my husband had monkfish wrapped in pancetta and I had beef rib. Both were good choices. Desserts were good but not great although this could have been down to personal taste. Coffee sponge was odd and the rhubarb with my baked custard was a little on the firm side.
Whilst the food was good I don't believe it was worth the expense and I think it is presumptuous to add a "discretionary" service charge as a matter of course.
Won't be returning here but will try the brasserie next time.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Are some people stupid enough not to see overpriced BAD food, then write a good review about it??? Been here on 3 trips with company, and food really is poor quality. Once we had afternoon tea, and guess what, sandwiches had been left out and were HARD!!! Glad it wasn`t me footing the bill, I would have refused to pay. Extremely high prices for Extremely Bad food. Get a life, and eat soemwhere else. If you have money to waste, give to charity.

2  Thank sweepfire
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Whether breakfast, tea - or a formal dinner, which we arranged, the food was excellent, superbly prepared, with an excellent choice. Eating - any time of the day, was a huge pleausre at Fawsley.