“Nothing like them”

Maid-Rite
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Indiana
“Nothing like them”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014

Always have loved maidrites! Freshly made, good atmosphere. I grew up on these so I am partial. I have had "maidrites" at other places and none have compared to these. The building in itself is something to talk about and memorable. Last time I was there I ordered a large amount of maidrites and cheeserites for others and they were sure to make these on "cold buns" so when reheated they wouldn't be soggy. Great place...everyone should try them at least once!

Chesapeake, Virginia
“Hometown Favorite - Should be a National Chain”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

I grew up in Greenville, Ohio and recently returned for a quick visit and took my children into Maid Rite for lunch. I have never seen them devour food this quickly. I remember loving Maid Rite's as a kid and miss the flavor, quality and care to make one sandwich. I personally like a plain with pickles and onions.

If you ever get a chance to visit Greenville, Ohio you have simply got to put Maid Rite on you list of things to eat. If you are driving either I-75 or I-70 in Ohio the extra time and drive to visit Maid Rite is well worth the reward.

Make sure you are chewing gum and add your gum to the gum wall. It's a bit odd to do but you know that you have marked your visit in true Greenville style.

1 Thank Ty_Swartz
NW Ohio
“Unique sandwich”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

Stopped here for a quick lunch and ordered the maid rite burger. It's unique as others have described. It has a sort of sweet taste but it's not overpowering. I had checked out the Maid Rite menu beforehand so I was disappointed to find out this location did not offer the full menu and was especially limited on side dishes. I had been looking forward to trying the cheese curds but was only offered a bag of chips for the basket meal so I declined and just had the burger. It also wasn't as overloaded with meat as pictured on the website but it was enough to satisfy. There was quite a line up of cars going through the drive through so this must be a popular place. The bathroom isn't located in the restaurant itself but does have hand sanitizer by the doors. Service was friendly and efficient. I'd stop in again as it was a nice change of pace. The place has an old classic diner feel but is rather small. I guess the gum plastered on the exterior walls is a tradition but it is a little gross.

Middletown, Ohio
“A must try”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

I love maid rite burgers. They have secret ingredients. I try to come once a year. Really anytime you oh it will be busy. I like to sit at the bar so I can smell and watch them cook it up. And you can see with your eyes it's fresh meat as you can see them carrying and then cooking with it. It's not like a regular hamburger. Pretty much like a sloppy joe without he sauce. But ohhh sooo good!!!

Orlando, Florida
“Messy, but so good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

These are the best sandwiches I have ever had for loose meat. They are like sloppy joes without the sauce. The meat is a tad sweet, but with a hint of pepper. They have a "secret" ingredient or two that makes it extra yummy. Make sure you get the fully loaded with cheese. They are kind of small, so I usually eat two. Grab a bag of the Mike Sells green onion potato chips to go with them. Just remember, they are messy and you may not want to eat them in the car. While you are there, check out the gum wall. The building burned down a few years ago, but the gum wall made a come back quite quickly.

• Visited December 2013