“Give them a bit of time and....”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Thirsty Turtle Lounge
Ranked #19 of 43 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American
Description: Formerly Greenville Country Club, Newly updated Restaurant & Bar. American Restaurant will full service menu & bar.
Reviewed February 23, 2013

maybe things will get better. What do I mean by this?

While this place has a great view in the warmer months, due to the great screened-in porch, and is clean inside, that is currently the best of the Thirsty Turtle - right now.

Service is slow from the kitchen. This could mean freshly prepared items or just a slow kitchen. Unknown. I will give them time to get it right.

As far as orders go, they are new so they need to learn to "get it right". We have been there twice and they got the orders wrong both times. On our first visit, we ordered "Couch Fries". They brought out regular fries that had been "doctored up" and told us to try them and order the Couch Fries again, "next time". Fortunately, we did not order them again. The fries really don't taste much different than ordinary fries and are not worth the added expense. Another in our party ordered them on our second visit so we tasted them.

The worst thing was I ordered a hamburger medium rare. It came out well done. Not being one to complain much, I ate the burger, which was HUGE and quite tasty. I would still have liked mine medium rare, as I ordered. Next time, I will emphasize medium rare and it will be sent back if incorrect.

All sandwiches come with a pickle spear and chips. The chips are fantastic. The pickle spears did not come on our first visit.

On our second visit, I ordered a barbecued pork tenderloin. I got a regular tenderloin. It was also huge and quite tasty. It was not what I ordered. Finally, I ordered a beer. Our waitress brought the beer but know glass. I asked for the glass and had to wait while she took orders at a table of eight people. The beer sat on the table, untouched, for about 10 minutes.

Now - to the crux of the matter. Would we go back? Absolutely! The food is great, large portions, and good prices. The room is plain but acceptable but the screened porch will be great when it warms up.

What needs improvement? Attention needs to be paid to proper service. Get the orders right. Cook the orders right. ONE server to a table. (Part of the problem is that multiple servers waited on us so none of them knew what the other had done or was doing.)

I will rate this location again in 3 or 4 months since I am fairly certain the problems will be addressed. As far as it goes, this is my favorite place to eat in the Greenville, Ohio area. Give them a try but emphasize what, exactly, you want.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Greenville Country Club was sold and new owners have remolded and have turned the old club house into a great sports bar with really good food. The golf course is called Turtle Creek ant the restaurant is the Thirsty Turrle Lounge. Great wings and garlic fries. Very friendly staff. Worth a visit. Golf course is open to the public and one of the nicest courses in southwest Ohio.

4  Thank JTH1952