“Handicapped Accessibility Needs a Little Improvement”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Inn

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Greenville
Detroit, MI
“Handicapped Accessibility Needs a Little Improvement”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

First off, let me say how fantastic, friendly and welcoming the front desk staff was at check in. The woman checking me in was just outstanding! She helped me through the doors and made me feel like anything I needed was no problem at all. I did not receive the same service upon check out, however and two people were actually behind the desk. No one bothered to help or even ask if I needed any help with the manual doors. Generally, the handicapped facilities at the hotel need improving. The handicapped parking spaces are far from the front door, yet close to a door with 2 steps. 2 steps? Hmm... The cut-away at the front door is very steep and the 2 manual doors are difficult to navigate. Thankfully, again, the night person helped me, she deserves a raise!! My ADA room, while very comfortable and spacious, was pretty far from the front desk and accessed by climbing a decent ramp. It's do-able, but difficult. So possibly this place was designed with people who use power chairs/scooters in mind, but manual chairs or walker/cane users will have more difficulty. I will commend the property on having ADA rooms that adjoin another room for people traveling with families or care givers. It is a nice feature I don't see everywhere. Other than that, possibly the management should look into current ADA guidelines on the height of the shower bench, it was so very low that I could not use it. However, the toilet height seems to be up to current recommendations and I do appreciate that. Lastly, the bed was super, super comfortable. Great sleep!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank freespiritjustsoul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Washington Nc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

We were Attending the Tri-State Engine Show in Portland Indiana and this was the closest Motel we could find in the area. We enjoyed our nights here and found it to be Quiet,Clean and Comfortable. I also enjoyed them having a Wall Street Journal as a free newspaper.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Trueeasterner
Celina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

Our room was #237. Very clean, beds firm, friendly staff, a very quiet location. There is no microwave or mini refrigerator in the room. There is a very nice pool area with tables & chairs. A nice array of breakfast items including hard boiled eggs & yogurt were offered. Also, the usual waffles, powdered eggs, sausage links, sweet rolls, muffins, & oatmeal. There was a problem with the a/c unit & we advised the front desk.

Room Tip: There are 2 floors & no elevator.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rosemary P
Aurora, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

We stayed in Greenville, OH to attend an auction and were very happy to find such a comfortable, clean and recently renovated hotel. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast offerings were kept filled. We'll be happy to stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Havre de Grace, Maryland, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

This location met my top priority of a clean room and give them an excellent rating in this category. I found the bed to be firm and comfortable.

The location was quiet and the staff were very friendly. A scheduled meeting the next day was delayed and the management allowed a late check out.

Breakfast was typical hotel food - lots of sweets and simple carbs, scrambled eggs and sausage patties. For those on simple carb restricted diets you'll be stuck with the eggs & sausage.

My only complaint is a noisy bathroom exhaust fan. I would certainly stay here again based on my experience.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

Ive stayed at this hotel quite a bit for business. They keep up on everything here. Some of the best housekeeping ive encountered in recent years. It used to be only the 2nd floor rooms were remodeled, but now 100% is remodeled. Great management and friendly staff that remembers me when I come thru.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank dizwiz24
Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

We have been staying here off and on for 4 months now and we love it!! Yes, it's a little outdated, ( but it is clean) and they are going to be doing upgrades in August. Front desk clerk on second shift (Jackie) is the best!! She has always made our stay here enjoyable and has always accommodated us if we ask for anything. I use to hate to travel and stay in hotels, but I really enjoy coming here!! The only downside is..they are going non-smoking in August. Which in my opinion is going to be a big mistake because they are the only nice motel in this town that allowes smoking . Really think the GM needs to re-think this!!

Room Tip: Only king rooms have fridge and microwave!! No elevator..so specify if you want ground floor room...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank bam531
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
Holiday Inn Express Greenville
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond
Richmond Inn & Suites
Richmond Inn & Suites
#5 of 10 in Richmond

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!