“Recent meal there”

Cuisines: American, Italian, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We do work in the area that requires us to stay every couple of months in Greenville. I have eaten several times at The Bistro and have enjoyed the food and we always seem to have good service. Ate there last week and had the grilled chicken salad meal and on another night I had the Black & Blue salad that comes with steak. Both were prepared very well and I would say for a party of four that the time to receive the meal was excessive. Also had a couple of beers and the Blue Moon beer was good and the other amber stock beer was good also. We did try the 9% beer and it was a bit bitter. Not that the beer was bad or not made correctly, but our party thought it had by design a bitter taste.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

The last two times I visited the Bistro, the service was terrible!! The food came out cold, the waiter never came around to check on our table. Very unimpressed. The food is hit or miss, but even when it is good, it's not worth putting up with the "service"- if you can even call it that!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Went to the Bistro for my birthday dinner, party of 10... Took almost an hour to receive our food & 20 min for drinks, once our food arrived half of my parties food was cold, & was sent back, only to be brought back out in a couple minutes, so needless to say our steak was thrown in the microwave.... management never once came to our table to try to make things right, which was ridiculous because he was aware!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were there on a Saturday night. We had reservations, but none were needed. There were plenty of seats when our party of 4 arrived a little late for our 7pm reservation. The only reason I am rating the service as Very Good instead of Excellent was because the 4 meals weren't served at the same time. Our orders were promptly taken and 3 of the 4 orders were served quickly and the waitress asked if I wanted my sandwich by itself or did I want to wait on my steak fries. I said I would wait, and it wasn't long until my order was served as well. One person said their mushroom ravioli was the best he had had and the other 3 of us were all very satisfied with the taste and the serving sizes. We were all too full for desert.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

I love the atmosphere at the Bistro -- fancy without being uptight. Great food and service