“Views, great food, and chickens.....”

Skylark Fields Farm Cafe
Ranked #8 of 65 Restaurants in Daventry
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Kids, Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Daventry, United Kingdom
“Views, great food, and chickens.....”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We are local (but NOT in any way related!), and have now been to Skylark at least a dozen times. So different; a free range poultry farm, shop, with this added cafe attraction. The marketing is superb, bringing a smile to your face from the moment you drive along the chicken signs on the road.
Choice is then yours. Breakfast? All day options. Lunch? Chips are to die for; roast dinners superb; jacket potatoes tasty. Its a cafe not a restaurant, so lunch, dinner, coffee stop with cakes. All this and free WiFi as well (though probably not a mobile signal - so relax!).
All generous portions, and all with great views over the fields, the roaming chickens, and very relaxing. Great for kids too - an outside play area, new outside bench tables for all on a sunny day. Staff (all the family, plus regulars) are friendly, efficient, and take their advice on what's best - puds are also great!
Stop off here, or make it a destination from nearby Daventry or Southam.

• Visited August 2012

Rugby, United Kingdom
“amazing!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The review a few down makes me actually angry because everyone has a bad day and if your so sad you have to write a review about it, well shame on you. I (like most others) had an amazing experience at skylark, the service was friendly, chatty and funny. Our meal was tasty and delicious, all locally sourced (feeling slighly mean eating ham after fussing over the pigs). The chips one of the best ive had. amazing view, would be an special place for a private venue, already planning my wedding.

Visited September 2012
“Not worth the trip”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

A thoroughly unpleasant experience . Food is at best average and overpriced. Service is appalling and I can agree about the menu , not very clear and inaccurate descriptions of what appears on your plate.

4 Thank Sjone12
Rugby
“Quite shocked at the service levels available here.”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Awful on all counts. On the face of it a lovely looking cafe overlooking open farmland. First impressions very nice. Average menu in terms of selection, and a little over priced. Ordered a cooked breakfast with a pot of tea, but the tea arrived a good 20 minutes before the food so was cold when it arrived. I complained to the lady behind the counter who was very rude and told me I could buy another pot if I wanted. Food was average and a very small portion. Don't think I will be going again, if I want rude, there are burger vans available that do better quality food for half the price

7 Thank 897JasonR
norfolk
“I came back and I wasn't disappointed”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I have reviewed Skylark Cafe before and said that I couldn't wait to come back - well I did and I wasn't disappointed. It was a lovely sunny day so we sat outside in the area overlooking the fantastic views and all the cheeky chickens running free. I still laughed at the menu even though I had seen it last time I visited - it's all just so original. I had a lovely cup of coffee with a huge slice of coffee and walnut cake while my daughter enjoyed a tea and a slice of custard tart - she informed me that it was delicious. We will be back.

• Visited August 2012