“Pleasantly surpised”

Ibis Rugby East
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Crick
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I stayed here for one night with my boyfriend last weekend. We needed somewhere to stay for the night before Ford Fair at Silverstone. As you could imagine all the hotels were booked up close by. My boyfriend booked it up this hotel, as soon as he told me the name of the hotel I thought the worst. I have always stayed in travel lodges and Premier Inns, I guess you stick to what you know. However, I stand corrected. The room was wonderful. Very modern, spacious, clean and comfortable. The bed was very comfy, we didnt want to get up in the morning! Check in was quick and painless, the lady behind the desk was very friendly. I would use Ibis again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Sharon M, General Manager at Ibis Rugby East, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the Time to leave feedback about your stay.
Ibis is a very small brand in the Uk , but part of a large Company , in France we are well known, so i can understand your fears.
The company over last 2 years has invested a lot of money in re branding the hotels, we have new brand called Ibis Stlyes, which are also a Budget Hotel, But are individual.
The company has also invested in the Ibis Sweet Bed, this bed and been specially designed for the English client to ensure that you get a good night Sleep

Please do try Ibis again, we always offer value for money and have some good deals when you book in advance
I hoep we can see you back again next time you are in the area.

Once again , thank you for the feedback i have shared with with our Head Office

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Stayed only one night, but it's a super hotel, the rooms are large and the bed very comfortable.
Evening meal was superb and the service excellent as was breakfast.
Car parking great plenty of room no noise except the rustle of the trees.
Excellent value for money

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave such postive feedback, it was our Pleasure to have you stay with us. We are always greatfull to hear what our Guest say and always ensure we learn from this
We look forward to welcoming you back again in the Near Future

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Easy access to the motorway, check in was efficient and informative great for a stopover with a nice bar and friendly service. Food menu was not to my taste so went out for Pub Grub. Comfortable rooms with good size bathroom and walk in shower

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback regarding your stay, we are pleased that your enjoyed your stay.
Sorry to see you didnt see anything on the menu that suited you, we do have specials in the even, and have a varied menu, From steak, to Fish and Chips, to even a Pizza. We do try to ensure we offer a good choice, and i am sorry that we were unable to do this for you
We hope to see you again in the Near Future

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stayed here whilst visiting family in Northampton. Check in was quick and staff friendly and efficient. 24 hour food not the best but it was late when we arrived so we were glad of anything that was available. Floor area of the bar was quite sticky under your feet and the tables could have done with a wash down with hot soapy water instead of a damp cloth, but generally the place was quite clean and tidy. Bedroom was clean but had a musty smell as though the hoover bag needed emptying. Reception staff said they would have changed the room for us if we had said when we arrived but we were too tired. Bed really comfortable so had a good night's sleep. Breakfast was well presented with a reasonable choice of hot food with a good selection of cold items, along with coffee and tea etc.
Have satyed here before because of the great location and would do again.

Room Tip: For a quieter room ask for one on the car park side as the other side you can hear the M1
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karen S

Dear Guest

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay, i was pleased to read your Comments and will pass this over to the Team
We will take on board your comments regarding the bar floor and ensure this does not happen again
We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I booked room as part of a weekend away in Coventry and Rugby. Setting my sat nav it brought me to an industrial estate and I thought I was in the wrong area.
Quick check in, placed on the top floor room 309. The lift appeared not to be working, so walked up three floors with a case and bag. It turned out the lights on the panel do not light up and the door voice waits about a minute to say doors closing – so bear with it the lift may be working in silence or have a sore throat lol.
The room was large, comfortable bed and furnishings quite tired looking. It had a double sofa bed as additional seating. The bathroom had a walk in shower which is different to the usual ibis cubicle style. I think the hotel was originally built as a holiday inn so no pod bathroom as is usual in newer ibis builds.
During the afternoon, a rowdy bunch of people moved in next door and opposite, who were obviously in party mode; loud music, doors banging as they visited each other for over an hour. I heard one guy say to another, keep the noise down as I came back to my room but it didn’t last for long.
I didn’t hear them come in, or stir in the morning.
Breakfast was busy, as was check out. It was the usual buffet style, plenty of choice, but plates, bowls, milk all needed replenishing while I was there, it transpired later that 2 staff had called in sick for the shift, so only two front of house were available, so they did a sterling job considering the circumstances. The assistant manager was working really well at keeping breakfast on track.
I had a long chat with the assistant manager at checkout and she is really proud of the hotel and its team. There are plans for a refurbishment, which will make this a nicer environment, more ibis corporate.
Well done Rugby East, a great team and a great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Sharon M, General Manager at Ibis Rugby East, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking time to leave feedback regarding your stay
It was great to read your Comments and i have shared this with the team
Yes i am afraid we did have some challenges with the Team, and i am glad that the team looked after you to ensure you were not affected.
We are indeed a Ex Holiday inn, adn this gives us the avantage of larger rooms and walk in showers.

We look forward to Welcoming you back again in near Future

My Assistant Teresa is very Passionate about the hotel and the Team and i share that Passion, Its nice to see when aguest can see this

We hope we can welcome you to the Hotel in the Near Future

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stopped here overnight to break up a very long journey. We had no problem finding the hotel as its straight off of the motorway. We arrived at 10pm and didn't manage to check in until 10.20 as there was only one staff member on reception and there was 4 people in front of us....it wasn't a problem and the lady apologised for our wait.

Our room was modern, clean, all amenities provided. The bathroom was adequate with a large shower.

Very impressed with what we got for the price would defo stay again

Room Tip: All rooms fine
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Georgina R

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your stay, it was such a pleasure to leave and i know the team will enjoy reading this.

It was nice to see that you felt we offer good value for Money

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel

Reviewed July 18, 2014

I guess your view on this hotel depends on A) What you're expecting and B) How much you paid.

I live in Edinburgh and work all over the world, mostly in the UK and all over it at that so its fair to say I've seen more than my fair share of hotels. Most of them are paid for by work so i can't make a fair review of them as i don't Pay so I'm happy with whatever i get.

In the case of this hotel i paid £35 for the night, I'm in the room now, its got a couch, a flatscreen TV with a great picture, a piping hot shower and its pretty spacious. The reception staff were really friendly, i just had a burger and a pint for £13 and it was probably one of the best burgers I've ever had anywhere, period.

In short if you get this place for less than £6o id say you've got a total bargain. Would i want to spend a week here? No. Did i enjoy spending a night ere for £35 to break up the drive back to Scotland, absolutely and it far exceeded my expectations! Far better than any travelodge I've stayed in (of which there are frankly too many) and much cheaper.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your stay
It was a pleasure to read adn i have shared this with the Team
Its nice to see how are guest see the Hotel and companre us to other Hotels.
The Team try hard to ensure we get things right

I hope we can welcome you back again in near future

Sharon McEvoy

Also consider these accommodations in or near Crick
Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton
Brownsover Hall Hotel
The Chace Hotel Coventry
The Chace Hotel Coventry
#27 of 39 in Coventry

Been to Ibis Rugby East? Share your experiences!