“The New Beds”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Crick
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 16, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Sharon M, General Manager at Ibis Rugby East, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is nice and friendly staff I have one moan.is the WiFi is exspensive at 4 pound a hour so I didn't bother I used the free WiFi in local pubs in rugby its about 5 miles to rugby from the ibis rugby east there is a bus stop near to the ibis in dirft

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your stay

Guest feedback is very Important to us and where we can try and act upon it.
We are hoping to introduce free Wifi in the near Future.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stay at Ibis Rugby fairly regularly. I have a couple of comments to make but not particularly about this specific hotel. Firstly I am, until recently, a member of the Accor card club. Can't remember what it is actually called. However, after staying at a number of your hotels' probably fifty times or so, over the last four years I have found it to be less than useless and have recently given up trying to book rooms with it. It went the way of all useless cards, I recently cut it up. In addition, the hotel at Rugby has lost my initial record card with my details. I would have thought that after being a member for so long you may have wanted to contact me and offer me some of the benefits you initially said would be advantageous to me if I were to become a member. Apparently not.

Also your booking website is a joke. Enter Rugby East onto the drop down box and it doesn't exist. You then have to spend valuable time finding it on other parts of the website.

After completing page one Your last request for a reply to a survey of guest's thoughts on their recent stay wouldn't let me through to the next page. As I couldn't continue I wasn't able to send it. Which may be just as well as it would not have made pleasant reading.

None of my comments reflect on the staff at Rugby who have always been pleasant and do a a good job under what appear to be difficult circumstrances.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank John2727
Sharon M, General Manager at Ibis Rugby East, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear Guest

I am sorry to see that you are having such bad experience with the Accor Loyalty Card Les Club.
I can understand your frustration and sorry that we have failed you with such easy tools
Can i ask you to contact me to discuss this further and also to look into your Loyalty card to ensure it doesnt happen again..
I know that we email weekly new offfers and promotions, so it is a concern if you have not been getting these
Please email me some details or a contact number for me to call you on

I look forward to hearing from you

H3588-GM@ACCOR.COM

Reviewed December 14, 2012

initially we had a couple of problems with a leaky kettle and no tv remote.however both were put right within minutes. the new ibis beds are very comfy..the receptionist allowed me free internet access for my problems.this was very much appreciated.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bonanzat

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback regarding your stay with us
I was sorry to see that you had a few issues during your stay but pleased that the team were able to resolve this for you.
The beds are new and we are having great feed back about them. They have been put in all Ibis Hotels in the Uk.

Once again thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback and We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We have used ACCOR hotels on many an occasion and chose this one because it was en route back from London to Yorkshire and very close to M1; we booked two rooms for 4 adults and one baby and they were immaculate in everyway. The new bedding is by far one of best we slept on at Hotels across UK and abroad. The food was not brilliant choice, but for a budget hotel was adequate for our needs. Great staff and considering they had two coach loads in on same night, they did well. Would certainly use this hotel again

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank John52-Angie62
Sharon M, General Manager at Ibis Rugby East, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your stay

I was pelased to see you enjoyed your time with us.
The beds are new and have been specially designed for Ibis Hotels, so you will find them in All Ibis Hotels.
I have passed your feedback to the team
We look forward to welcoming you back again

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a nice hotel, with good car parking, an excellent reception and good food. There is really nothing much nearby, it is on a n industrial park which sounds dreadful but isn't ! A comfortable base for those on business. The beds are very good, and the rooms very clean.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank rmp1968uk
Sharon M, General Manager at Ibis Rugby East, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive review regarding your stay with us

I have shared this with the team.

I was pleased you mentioned the Beds, these are all new beds and the whole of Ibis have these new beds, they have been designed for Ibis Hotel and have a 2 mattress support. and they are very comfy

We hope we are bale to welcome you back in the near future and thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback

Sharon

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We have long been customers of Accor hotels, but have used Novotels both in the UK and on the Continent in the more recent past. Indeed, we hadn’t stayed at an Ibis for over twenty years. That isn’t because the Ibis had disappointed but the Novotels just happened to be right where we wanted or needed to stay.

An afternoon meeting in the Midlands, after which we looked to spend the night locally, provided the ideal opportunity to try out the brand once again. Early booking and pre-payment secured a very favourable tariff and we paid the supplement for the next morning’s “all you can eat” buffet breakfast.

Don’t be put off by the location of this hotel! It is situated in the middle of a business park, close to the motorway, so there are no scenic views from the rooms and its plain yet pleasing lines mirror the modest appearance of other Ibis hotels. Inside the hotel is where one spends ones time and the company, wisely, has invested its efforts in providing a modern, light yet comfortable interior.

Leaving the ample car park at the front of the hotel, one enters via the automatic sliding doors to reception – a warmly-lit area where we met amiable Assistant Manager, Mr Philips. We found him extremely friendly and attentive to our needs and, when he heard we’d been in the Midlands for a meeting, he conducted us on a tour of the conference facilities available there. The Ibis Rugby East has a selection of conference rooms for groups of many sizes and we were impressed by the flexible configurations of seating available, the screens for projected presentations, availability of Internet access (throughout the hotel) and proximity of tea and coffee and toilets. As the conference suites are set apart from the accommodation within the hotel, one shouldn’t experience disturbance from any noisy guest.

Our business for the day was done, however, so of greater importance on this visit was our own room. We occupied a room on the ground floor near reception and found it to be modern, clean and with a very good en suite shower room and toilet. TV and radio were available via a small flat screen in the room and, whilst understanding that this doubles as a monitor for Internet use (a wireless keyboard was also there but we did not use this facility), it does not compare favourably with other budget hotels in this regard. It was adequate for our modest needs and viewable from ones bed but looked out-of-date in this age of the wide-screen wall-mounted LCD TV. The bed was comfortable, the room temperature also. Note that provision of power to the room’s lights is dependent upon the placing of the room key card in a slot just inside the door. If one should remove the card, the lights would be extinguished (so get an extra key card if one of two guests needs to go elsewhere during the stay!).

There was a telephone inside the room but no instructions on its use (e.g. extension numbers for food orders or reception, or how to obtain an outside line if this is possible). The hotel offers a “24/7” snacks menu, based on its restaurant menu but there were no instructions on how one might avail oneself of this service. There were no vending machines in the hotel dispensing confectionery and soft drinks so the bar was the only source for the latter and, in the absence of any means to open a crown top, we were unable to buy fruit juice we could open at will during the night or before breakfast time.

We dined in the hotel and found the menu varied and interesting. We had no problems choosing our meals and they were served quickly and were delicious. I especially liked the crab and smoked salmon fishcake starter. My Chicken Piri Piri was well-cooked but lacked much evidence of piri piri – it should not be confused with Nando’s chicken or other similar dishes. My wife enjoyed her butternut squash soup that was pleasantly spicy and her lasagne. The food was reasonably priced and we thought the meal, at less than £20 per head including drinks, very good value.

The bar, immediately adjacent to the restaurant area, offers a range of draught and bottled beers and a selection of wines and spirits. I was surprised that I was able to exhaust the hotel’s supply of Peroni (four bottles) but acceptable alternatives were also enjoyed. There is a TV in the bar but the sound was muted and that was most welcome. The atmosphere was agreeable and the sofas very spongy and comfortable! Waitresses who staffed the bar were pleasant and enthusiastic if lacking in experience and knowledge – a little remedial training in types of wines and how to dispense a pint would solve this.

At the rear of the hotel is a garden – a lovely little bit of green bordered by conifers with pleasantly- planted tubs. Metal tables and chairs and wooden bench seating permit patrons to enjoy their drinks outside and this is one of two established smoking areas for customers, the other being outside the main entrance. Unfortunately, there was no evidence of the emptying of wall-mounted and other provided ashtrays that were overflowing and there was also other litter visible that made both areas scruffy. A daily sweep would solve this issue.

The buffet breakfast was adequate and tasty, representing good value for the price paid. I found the sausages especially tasty.

We enjoyed our stay and found the staff and management very smart, friendly and attentive. We would certainly stay there again, should the need for accommodation in the area arise and shall be recommending the establishment to family, friends and associates. Though marketed as a budget hotel, it is obviously popular with many nationalities and is truly a gem beyond its stars.

Room Tip: Motorway and rail noise is audible outside at the rear of the hotel so one may prefer a room facing...