“My Monday home”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Crick
Worthing, United Kingdom
“My Monday home”
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Good location to get where I want in the middle if the country
Upgraded rooms should be a must for platinum members as they are far superior to the standard rooms

Food fine for a business hotel but do look at your prices

So it will be my Monday home for a while

Stayed October 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Markevans2222,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the facilities and the location of the hotel. It is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Booked room with sofa. Very comfortable. Double bed had a plastic protector on which I found very uncomfortable but can understand why they use them. Great wooden sliding doors over the window so the room was very quiet.
Leisure centre adequate with a nice pool, towels provided.
Nice bathroom with lovely shower over bath.
Main negative was the cost of the breakfast. Advised we could have a discounted voucher at £10.99 each! There is only so much one can eat at breakfast!
We have stayed here a few times and have always found it to be clean and the staff friendly.
Very close to M1 so a handy stop over hotel when travelling.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms can only be accessed by stairs. The rooms at the rear of the hotel do get some...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

This stay was nothing more than average.

Although I had stayed here once before, I arrived late and was up early so didn't really experience the hotel. This time I had the time to use the pool and visit the bar.

The pool was clean and a decent enough size. The rooms are standard holiday inn spec, although mine was really hot and wouldn't cool down, despite the windows being open and the aircon switched on.

I ate in the bar and found the staff rude. The food was poor, but I expect that of a Holiday Inn. The next morning, breakfast was much better and the staff were cheery.

Next time I'm in the area I will look to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank JamesShelley
RUGNH, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Rugby-Northampton following your recent stay.
Your comments are very important to us and I am sorry to hear of the problems you experienced with our lounge and bar service. I have since spoken to the relevant departments concerned for corrective action.

We hope to see you again in the future at Holiday Inn Rugby-Northampton

Kind Regards

Travelers are raving about these Crick hotels

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We used to stay regularly at this Holiday Inn and were looking forward to visiting it again, so treated ourselves by booking an 'executive' room. Sad to say, we were disappointed. The receptionist appeared very harassed and eventually just thrust a registration form in front of us while attempting to deal with another guest. He failed to enquire whether we wanted dinner, breakfast or a morning paper and was, frankly, quite uninterested. It's expensive to access the internet in your room unless you are an 'elite' Priority Club member. Nowadays most places offer free internet access, so I think it's about time Holiday Inn did the same for its guests.
The bedroom was clean and the beds were comfortable but the air conditioning did not work. It was a warm night and it was noisy outside because there was a wedding celebration. So the choice was open the window and endure the noise or put up with a stuffy room. Also, the toilet seat was loose and the shower head leaked. Not good in a premium room!
So, I have to say that this was not one of our best nights at a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lancestrian
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us and I am sorry to hear that your experience with us was not an enjoyable one.
I have been able to speak with the relevant departments and members of staff responsible for the areas you have highlighted in your review for corrective action.

Once again thank you bringing these to my attention and we do hope to see you again at Holiday Inn Rugby-Northampton
Northants
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I recently stayed here for a wedding, the staff were great, friendly and helpful, room was spacious and fairly clean but looking a bit tired. The area around the bar near the restaurant entrance was filthy with dust and fluff all over the floor! There did seem to be a shortage of staff also considering a wedding was on and the bar prices were ridiculous, something you would expect to pay in a 5 star hotel in London not an average hotel by a motorway, don't think I would choose to stay in a holiday inn again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Ryn81
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Ryn81,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I appreciate your compliments on about our hotel staff and room accommodations. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in a few areas. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and services we offer to our guests.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Garstang, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Great location, good value, nice room, good food. The only gripe I had, and this goes for several other Holiday Inns, is the attitude of the pool staff towards children. They have their (petty) rules and boy do they enforce them meticulously. It is clear to me, as a regular, that Holiday Inn would prefer children not to use the pool area, as they shout at them as soon as they make a splash and generally make their presence unwelcome. It is too much of a coincidence that I pick up on this in different hotels. The Hitler who gave out the towels certainly spoilt the trip for the two boys I had with me. I used the gym at the hotel, which is only just OK. Some of the machines were not set up properly and there was a nail used to alter the weight settings on one of the machines – all a bit tired really. Choice of equipment is limited compared to other gyms but as it was quiet, it was OK. I would stay here again but I do wish Holiday Inn were more welcoming at that end of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
RUGNH, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us.
I am sorry to hear about the comments regarding your experience at our Spirit Health club and I am sorry that this spoilt your visit to the swimming pool.
At Holiday Inn we have rules and regulations that have to be adhered to and implemented by all members of staff for safety and to cover all guests - to ensure that everyone has a good experience with us while visiting our Health Club All signs being clearly visible around the pool area.
We do value your comments and would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Kind Regards
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Crick despite vowing never to stay in a Holiday Inn again due to experiences in other hotels around the country.
I have to say, this hotel certainly faired better than the average Holiday Inn.
My room was clean and comfortable although a little on the small side. The hotel corridors are a little dated but the bar, restaurant and rooms have a more modern feel. I used the gym on 2 occassions. The gym is for guests but also has members attending, the bigest issue being the size as it's on the small side - 2 treadmills and a 1 of each weight machine, meaning a lot of waiting around in peak times.
I was surprised by the standard of food as in my experience this is what has always let Holiday Inn's down. I had 3 different meals in the bar and all were fresh and good quality, although overpriced. Breakfast was decent on each occassion, I was offered breakfast for £10.95 on check-in, if not purchased then it is charged at £14.95.
Wifi had an excellent signal throughout my stay, I purchased a 3 day package for £30. Although cheaper than 3 x 24hr packages, still awful value for money. Wifi should be free as standard.
I was informed at check out that my company actually had a corporate rate at the hotel and that my next stay would be significantly cheaper than what I had paid per night. Although no consolation for what had just been paid, it was good to know for the future.
I would certainly return to this hotel in the future, and it has managed to restore a little faith in my opinion of the Holiday Inn brand.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crick
Ibis Rugby East
Brownsover Hall Hotel
Days Inn Watford Gap
Days Inn Watford Gap
#1 of 1 in Watford

Been to Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton? Share your experiences!