“Good stay”

Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Crick
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night 3rd June 2013, room 21 on the ground floor, room was very nice, clean and tidy. Adequate facilities to hang your cloths, the room itself was very functional, the TV worked well and the general feel and condition of the room was pretty good. The bathroom again was functional, the shower was good and powerful. Overall a good nights sleep, the bed was soft, fresh linen and overall very good. Great staff on reception, very helpful, they remember you as a guest as I've stayed here a few times now. Didn't eat dinner in the hotel as I find the restaurant more akin to a breakfast cafe but there is nothing wrong with it, just not my style for dinner. Had breakfast the following morning, food was good, staff were friendly and excellent choice of cold and hot selections. The staff are attentive, caring, happy, always great you with a smile and a word. Overall a good stay, Well done, I will be back again on my travels.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
RUGNH, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay with us at Holiday Inn Rugby-Northampton.

Your comments are important to us and help us to continuously improve our service for all of our guests at the hotel.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you back again with us at Holiday Inn Rugby-Northampton.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We had a lovely relaxing stay here for 2 nights. It was very quiet the first night and so breakfast was served to order but still very good. The second night was busier due to a coach trip so usual breakfast in the mornings. There was an automatic pancake maker there that my 7 year old daughter loved.

The pool was nice and large and warm with a hot spa to relax in too.

The staff were friendly and helpful. All in all it is a nice place to stay, the only thing is, if you want something to eat and not from the restaurant there isn't much choice without a drive to rugby.

We would return.

• Stayed: June 2013
RUGNH, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write down your comments further to your stay with us.

It is always good to hear positive feedback about the particular areas you commented on.

As a business we strive to make your stay a relaxed and enjoyable one and look forward to seeing you back with us again at Holiday Inn Rugby-Northampton.

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

+ great location in terms of not being away from office
+ nice b'fast
+ nice gym + pool
+ fair price
+ wifi
+ it was snowing amd freeuing during my stay, but the room was heated well

- have not added the stay on my member card

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for your comments following your stay with us at Holiday Inn Rugby-Northampton.

It is always good to hear your opinions as it helps us to improve our standards of service to our guest

Once again thank you for your positive feedback and we look forward to seeing you again at Holiday Inn Rugby-Northampton.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed for business for one night. I had actually booked into the wrong hotel (Jct 16!!) and the management between them organised a transfer so I could meet up with my colleagues as planned - great service! I just needed to ring and confirm with my booking agency.
Pleasant welcome and a servicable room - I loved the sliding wooden panels that you push over the windows insteadof blinds or curtains - no light seepage! The bathroom was clean and adequate - no frills but everything I needed. I would of appreciated softer pillows - they offer 'hard' and 'soft' options but could not really differentiate between them!
Had a sandwich in the bar for dinner which was good. Breakfast pleasant - only had cold so can't comment on the cooked offer. There was an older lady in the restaurant at breakfast who was welcoming and lovely!
Sat in the lounge to wait for my colleague after breakfast and the manager immediately offered me coffee/tea.
The member of staff on the reception desk was serving at the bar when I went to check out so the manager immediately went to take over behind the bar so I could be checked out.
Convenient for motorways without being noisy.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Catriona F
RUGNH, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your comments further to your recent stay with us.

I would like to thank you for your kind comments and shall make sure that I will pass these on to the relevant staff mentioned in your review.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again at Holiday Inn Rugby-Northampton.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Immaculate bathroom. Unpleasant odour through corridors due to very low amount of flush water in loos, (they could do with some of that strong blue stuff). Duvets much too thin (tog) and not long enough to cover shoulders. Sandwiches in bar ok.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hedra_11
RUGNH, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

We would like to thank you for your feedback further to your recent stay with us.

I shall be discussing these areas with our Head of Housekeeping, as comments enable us to identify areas to focus upon when identifying customer needs and requirements.

Once again may I thank you taking the time to share these comments with us and look forward to seeing you again at Holiday Inn Rugby-Northampton.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Brief overnight business stay - excellent
Clean adequately well furnished rooms the usual Holiday Inn
Clean bathrooms
Convenient location of the M1
Would stay again
Recommended
Did not stay for any meals so cannot comment

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments following you recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Rugby-Northampton.

I will pass these onto the particular members of staff from the departments you commented on.Your feedback is important to us in helping us deliver the right standard of service to yourself and other guests.

We look forward to seeing you again at Holiday Inn Rugby-Northampton.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Originally booked in for two nights but ended up staying 3.
I have to admit the first nights dining experience was a disaster, the items I ordered were not available and the meal that arrived wasn't that great. However the hotel was very apologetic and did all they could to make up for this mishap. Forgiven.
There is one particular lady that looks after the breakfasts and she is so caring towards customers, it's great(sorry didn't get her name). You really do feel valued and that they really care you have a great stay. The pool was nice, unfortunately there was a lot of kids in and unsupervised in the hot tub so I gave it a miss.
No noise from the nearby M1 plenty parking and comfortable room.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ACammyB
RUGNH, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank you for your feedback further to your stay with us at Holiday Inn Rugby-Northampton.

We value your comments whether good or bad to ensure that we are delivering the best service to our guests.
I am sorry to hear of the issues you had with the shower and hope that that this was addressed in a satisfactory manner.

Once again thank you for taking the time to pass over your comments and we look forward to seeing you again at Holiday Inn Rugby-Northampton.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Crick
Ibis Rugby East
Best Western Plus Ullesthorpe Court Hotel & Golf Club
Days Inn Watford Gap
Days Inn Watford Gap
#1 of 1 in Watford

Been to Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton? Share your experiences!