“efficient and comfortable”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Crick
Co Durham
“efficient and comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed here on evening of 4th may as part of National Holidays Mystery Trip. Despite mix up by holiday company and my name not on list, there was no problem signing me in. Room very small but more than adequate for one , bit of a squash for two. Had everything you need, but no biscuits with tea/coffee!!
Couldn't work very large flat screen telly, but a call to reception sent a man within 10 minutes to fix, apparently connections had dislodged aty the back, possibly by cleaner.
Had a quick visit to leisure pool and jacuzzi, very good,free towel and hassle free.
Evening meal was choice of starters (soup or salad), followed by a choice of four main (roast ham,roast chicken,lasagne,pasta bake) with a choice of desserts (choc cake,syrup tart,fruit) all well cooked. Breakfast was usual choice of juic,fruit cereal fried food, toast and pancake machine. Only criticism was that tables and chairs were laminate aand squashed together a bit like a fast food cafe.
Bar area was clean and comfortable but a little lacking in atmosphere, but allright if you had company as hotel is in the middle of nowhere. some people complained of expensive drinks but most hotels are expensive.
Next morning couldn't turn my shower off and spoke to reception, by the time I had finished breakfast someone had been and fixed it.
Hotel does what it says on the tin, clean, comfortable, efficient and good value for the price

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
RUGNH, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for your comments further to your stay with us at Holiday Inn Rugby-Northampton.

Your feedback is important to us whether good or bad as this helps us to improve our service to our guests.
I shall be passing your comments over to all relevant departments concerned and would once again like to thank you for your time and look forward to seeing you again at Holiday Inn Rugby-Northampton.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Bucharest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I have stayed here for 5 nights on business trip. The room it was big with a queen size bed and a sofa. I liked the sliding wooden stores which have two roles as a light and temperature shield. The room it was clean, warm (despite of the snow outside) and quiet fitted with big LCD TV and a very usefully ironing board and an iron. The personnel it was friendly and attentive. I remember in my room the radiator thermostat was broken and I had to turn off manually whenever it becomes too warm. But after two days the hotel staff changed it with a new one without having me complained first.
I only had breakfast at the hotel restaurant and in my opinion it was good. Although this is my second holiday Inn hotel where I have stayed, the food from breakfast was similarly with the other hotel where I’ve stayed (Holiday Inn from Belgrade) making me believe this is a hotel chain standard.
The hotel has a fitness room, swimming pool, Jacuzzi and sauna. From this I have only tested swimming pool and I can say it was OK and not too crowded.
From the things that I consider as a minus I can mention: the hotel it is placed far from Rugby town and the only way for me to move back and forth was by taxi which it is not cheap (13-15 £ until Rugby center), only 3-4 TV channels available, no safe in room, internet it is not free although the room rate it is not small, no minibar in room, the shower tap from my room was defective and the swimming pool has only 1 meter depth.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
RUGNH, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
I would like to thank you for your feedback following your stay with us at Holiday Inn Rugby- Northampton

I would like to apologise for the maintenance issues you had in your room regarding the your radiator and shower tap and have passed your comments on the other areas you have mentioned to the relevant departments concerned.

Your feedback is important to us in our efforts to continue to meet our guests’ expectations at all times.

We look forward to seeing you again at Holiday Inn Rugby-Northampton.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Enjoyed our stay as a family returning to Scotland from London. Made good use of the swimming pool which was excellent (although disappointed that the mens sauna was closed for maintenance), the room was clean and had nice touches with the chocolate and juice for the children on their pillows, as we are used to them being second class citizens when we all stay together. Staff were excellent, warm, friendly, helpful, despite how busy they were. We had a bar meal as a family on the Sunday (late) evening which was passable, but obviously done on the run via the microwave, but everyone was happy, plus the kids ate free which was a bonus. The breakfast the following morning was excellent though, fresh, wide selection of cooked and chilled goods, with the bonus coming the way of the pancake machine, some Willy Wonka crazy invention which the kids (and adults!) loved. Anyway, we left feeling thoroughly refreshed and would return if the opportunity presented itself.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Engscot73
Thank you for your comments following your stay with us at Holiday Inn Rugby-Northampton.
Firstly, I would like to apologise for the men's sauna in our Health Club being out of use during your stay and hope that this did not cause too much inconvenience and would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding our breakfast offering.

We look forward to seeing you again at Holiday Inn Rugby-Northampton.
Rural Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

we stayed to break up a long journey home after a busy time seeing relatives. It was wonderful to arrive and go for a swim (as the pool stayed open until late unlike lots of hotels on sundays). We then had a bar meal (lovely barman who was rushed off his feet!) and took advantage of the kids eat free offer - what a great saving! A wonderful night's sleep - and the children didn't need to share a bed - the sofa bed was in two single beds - already made up for us. Then an amazing breakfast with the hit of the stay - the pancake machine! fresh pancakes at the push of a button! Then another swim and on our way - we will definately be back - we all loved it! Well worth the extra money that we usually spend on a travelodge.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank acwRuralScotland
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed so many elements of your stay with us including our new pancake machine in the restaurant.
We always like to hear from customers as your feedback plays an important role in our efforts to continue to meet our guests’ expectations at all times.

We look forward to welcoming you back again at Holiday Inn Rugby-Northampton
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Our Easter plans changed at the last minute, as we were day tripping on the Friday and Monday we decided to have a night away on the sat night. We are platinum priority holders at ICH hotels and contacted then to see what was available - ad they had a room, a pool and we could get to a couple of national trust property's in less than 30 mins we chose this hotel.

Checking in was quick, we had a book to register.

The room was a basic family room - no upgrade, often when they can't upgrade they "turn a standard room into an executive", they add the robes, water, cookies - but not here. But the rooms were big, clean. They need a renovation, as the Crome bathroom attachments were hanging off the tiles, and they had a strange flooring system occurring: as you walk in to your room it is the cheep laminate wood, then 1 stepping front it is the carpet bedroom. And a step to the side it is the tiled bathroom - I can see that this adds to the hygiene in the high traffic areas ... But all a bit messy looking. The room had no fridge in - and also no place to Easter eggs to be hidden!! The room did not have curtains, but woodworm shutters (I've stayed inns few holiday inns with these - they keep the light out well and are not dusty ... But they make a noise on opening and closing!!). The room was way too hot and we had to open the window and then have the shutter ad jar to allow air flow .. This then meant that the children awake at dawn light!!

The pool and spa was nice and clean, opens at 7am o Easter Sunday, so a pre breakfast swim was taken!

The major issue is with the level of service, we made resignations for 630 pm on sat night. Kids eat free at all holiday inns - our children are small and are usually in bed at 7pm - so we get the early meal time, get them feed and take then to bed - we stay I hotels and do this a lot. We arrive at 630 and was told sternly by a stressed lady worker that they are not ready yet .. Come back in a few mins .. We returned at 640pm, was shower to our seats .. No eye contact, no recommendations for meals, no information about what is not available .. As we are regulars and wanted to be in and out quickly I ordered start away - a number if our items were not available - we chose and asked for the children's meals to arrive with our starters .. The children's meals arrive after our main courses!! When we ordered desert my daughter just wanted a wafer (ice cream wafer) she was told that she had to order an ice cream .. This arrive .. No wafer .. I asked for a water .. 15mins later sorry I forgot we have none left!! I had also ordered a cheese board .. After the wafer incident I enquired about my desert ... It's coming .. It never arrived!! I left my husband and son at the table as I took my now sleeping daughter (9pm at night) in my arms, as I passed the waitress I asked forum husband to have the bill - I pointed to the table, she agreed, then as I took 4 steps towards the exit she told me to wate as she would do it now ... She tapped away on the till as I had a 5 year old girl sleeping in my arms ..I said I could not Waite I have to take my daughter to bed. The waitress stated that the bill would have to Waite then!! My husband arrived at the room with a tired 7 year old at 930 .. He'd be waiting a good 10-15ins after me!!

Also on check out - it took over 10 mins, big que in front (only 10am). Stressed staff member no smile!!

As a value hotel this place ticks all if not more boxes, the dining area is not family friendly, the meals are average hotel prices, but the service is dreadful. As the hotel is remote you do have to eat there and due to this we will not return (until the children are older and can stay up until 930 to eat!!).

• Stayed March 2013
RUGNH, F&B Operations Manager at Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. I am pleased that as a venue you found the hotel to meet many of your needs.

Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay, I shall follow up on this with the departments concerned in order to ensure this lapse does not repeat.
I must admit it is personally very disappointing when a guest leaves with an impression that I do not believe is indicative of our normal levels of service and professionalism. I appreciate you bringing this matter to my attention; I do hope this would not deter you from choosing us again in the future.

Kindest regards,

Kyle Wright
F&B Operations Manager
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

We were staying for a 2 day business meeting. The meeting room was fine. The tea and coffee facilities weren't great. They'd run out on occasions, and hadn't been changed at one point, as what was left was only just warm. The pastries can and there wasn't even enough for one per person, these problems were copied on both days, morning and afternoon. Lunch was not bad, and the team were very nice, especially when I asked for some apple sauce. The bar staff were friendly too. The room was nice, clean though could have done with the tea and coffee facilities being topped up.My biggest disappointment was breakfast, and not because it wasn't nice, but because I didn't get any!!!!. It had been paid for in full, though this morning, I was on calls from the room, and would not have time to go down to the restaurant, so at 12:10am I put my tray service order form on the door, which was well before the 1:00am cut off point, and was expecting to pay a little more of course, but at least I wouldn't miss breakfast. However it didn't come, and in fact the door hanger was still on the outside of the door in the morning, it had even been turned round, so someone had looked at it but not actioned it. I left in fact with no breakfast because someone in their team either came too early to collect the door hangers, or just completely ignored it. That ruined everything for me. I doubt I'll stay in another Holiday Inn now, as time after time something goes wrong.

Room Tip: Don't leave a door hanger out for breakfast or do not disturb, they ignore them! Radiators were...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank muncher5
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear muncher5,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am pleased to know that you find rooms clean and our staff nice and friendly. Our staff members are truly the heart of the hotel and we are glad it's being appreciated by our guests. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience the breakfast may have caused. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and for that reason, your comments will surely be looked into. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and rest assured, your input will be shared with our management team and rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

I hope this would not deter you from choosing us again in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Crick hotels

Birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

I booked a short get away on the internet and paid a prepaid rate for bed and breakfast at only £49.00, we upgraded to an executive room on arrival for an additional £20.00! What great value - you even get free use of the health club and swimming pool!

We booked ourselves into the restaurant for our meal in the evening which was super. The staff were so attentive and the food was excellent, we could not have asked for more.

On check out the young lady on the desk was very friendly and wanted to know what our plans were for the day and if we had a good stay. It was nice to be asked and for the staff to take an interest in us.

All in all I would recommend this hotel to ALL family and friends and will certainly be coming back.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an executive room if available
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank CraigGregory91
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. I shall be sharing this with the team at the hotel. We do appreciate your comments, and I am pleased that you would consider us a location to recommend to others.

Kindest regards,

Kyle Wright
F&B Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crick
Ibis Rugby East
Brownsover Hall Hotel
Days Inn Watford Gap
Days Inn Watford Gap
#1 of 1 in Watford

Been to Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton? Share your experiences!