“An excellent cottage”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Matthew T
“An excellent cottage”
Reviewed July 17, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

This was our second stay here and have enjoyed both visits immensely. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable indeed, with all the facilities we could want. Rather than use the sofa bed, we have taken our inflatable bed for our second child which works better for us in the evenings. We have found everything to be well maintained and kept perfectly clean. The owner is very helpful and friendly, going above and beyond what we would expect to make us feel at home.

The location is excellent with many attractions within an hour's drive, including Blenheim and Stratford-upon-Avon. The immediate area is peaceful with a very nice pub around the corner and some good walks.

Would definitely recommend.

Janettewa...
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed July 4, 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

Was thouroghly delighted with this holiday cottage, spotlessly clean and had everything you would need. Brilliant villiage location and Val the owner couldn't be more helpful, considering it's classed as a self catering cottage she was more than helpful and had left some milk and things to settle is in, bed was super comfy as was the sofa bed, don't really know why the other people left a bad review, some people just like to moan I think. Overall we were super happy and would return in an instant and happily recommend. Top class x

Bev G
Butler WA
“Hot & Stuffy”
Reviewed June 22, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Coming from Australia, we were delighted and loved Badby, village is quaint with 2 great pubs within walking distance. We originally booked for 10 days but wanted to check in 2 days earlier which the owner kindly allowed us to do. The cottage was clean and tidy, well equipped with 2 small desk fans. Unfortunately due to very hot weather, the cottage became stuffy and unbearable (no direct fault of the owner). As the bedroom was so hot, we tried to sleep in the lounge on the sleeper couch, which was cranky with a terrible mattress, dented in the middle. We agreed to pay for the extra 2 days in cash and left the money in the kitchen (as we were out) after the owner said she would exchange our towels. When we came back, the money had been taken and we had clean towels but the used towels were left in the bathroom.
We checked out after staying only 3 days.

Management Response
Jun 24, 2017
Thank you Bev for your review. I value my reviews, so I can make everyone's stay enjoyable. Unfortunately we cannot control the British weather, and you chose the hottest June since 1976. Therefore even with the fans provided, everyone in the uk suffered from an uncomfortable nights sleep. As you mentioned the location is fantastic and peaceful. So you could have opened more windows to let in some fresh air.
I am a little disappointed you didn't contact me directly as I could have provided you with more fans.
Regarding the towels, the cottage is a self catering accommodation with washing machine etc. As your stay was 10 days I popped some fresh towels in as gesture and assumed you would still be wanting the other set. I am sorry for the misunderstanding.
Thank you for my feed back and happy to say I have just bought a brand new state of the art sofa bed.
640Kirsty...
Hong Kong, China
“Fabulous !”
Reviewed April 19, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

My family and I had the best time in
This gorgeous property . I highly recommend it , Val was a really great host and we certainly want to go back for a future stay

SheepsMK
MK
“Perfect for our needs”
Reviewed April 16, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

We stayed for two nights whilst doing the flowers and attending my godsons wedding. The cottage is beautifully done, clean, immaculate and cosy. We didn't have time to walk and view the bluebells in the wood unfortunately.

Rachel W
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
“What a gem! Superb holiday accommodation.”
Reviewed February 21, 2017 for a stay in January 2017
people found this review helpful

We needed a place to stay for a month between my husband's work assignments and were fortunate enough to find this cosy, comfortable and warm cottage. The facilities in the cottage were excellent; we had everything we needed for our stay including clean linen and towels each week, provided by the owner. It is well situated close to a number of historical sightseeing attractions and not far from the small market town of Daventry which was handy for stocking up on provisions. Located in the quiet but charming village of Badby it was a delight to hear the church bells ring from the 14th century church (which can be seen from the kitchen window). I would whole-heartedly recommend this lovely cottage for short or longer-term stays.

Your age range 50-64
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing