“Really nice place”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Badby
The Windmill at Badby
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Badby
Daventry, United Kingdom
“Really nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Sayed for a few nights and have to say I really enjoyed it. Pleasant rooms and friendly staff. We dined in the restaurant, we didn't have a reservation but they managed to squeeze us in, which was really nice of them.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank JanieB569

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Midlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stayed here with my husband and a couple of friends whilst on a charity bike ride. Throughout our ride we had stayed at some amazing B & Bs and were really looking forward to our stop at the Windmill as the photos of the rooms looked wonderful. However, both the rooms were dirty, and our room had only 1 set of towels an 1 cup for 2 people, the spare toilet roll basket had alot of dust and dead insects in. The towels were well worn and grey, when I informed a member of staff she eagerly brought new towels unfortunately they were bath mats! The food was good and I really enjoyed mine and would quite happily eat again there. I wound not stay again. The staircase to the rooms could be so beautiful with seating areas for those staying overnight however their were matressess stuffed at the side of sofas and old table tops stored in the window area. On paying for the room I did inform the member of staff (who I think may have been a chef) that the room was dirty and my friend reported his room as having no cold water but he was not bothered not even a sorry. All the B & Bs we stayed at on our ride were of the same price, but the standard was far superior and the welcome at the other B & Bs made us feel that nothing was too much. The Windmill I felt that we were in the way and not valued as customers at all. I think all the staff could do with a customer services update, the potential for the Windmill to be a beautiful place to stay is so high but at the moment I would not return and feel most cheated.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
6 Thank JAKMidlands
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Had a fantastic evening here on Saturday 5th July for my great aunt and uncle's 50th Wedding anniversary. Food was absolutely delicious and service was fantastic. The room had been put together beautifully with flowers and decorations. Would recommend to anyone!! Thank you for a lovely evening!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Suzanne B
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Ate out here one Saturday evening whilst visiting the surrounding area, just stumbled on it by chance. A beautiful location with welcoming staff. The pub had two parties in the evening we visited and were fully booked in the main restaurant yet they were very accommodating and managed to squeeze us in as we were there early evening. The food was hot and plentiful and my husbands steak was cooked to perfection. Would definitely visit again if in the area and would ring to book this time!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank lesley4132
Daventry
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

I've eaten here many times and never been disapointed. The Windmill is a very traditional sort of pub - thick stone walls, low ceilings and has a very "village" feel to it. As a hotel it also has a more modern restaurant at the back and the golf society I belong to has held its annual dinner in there very year since Adam was a lad.

As well as traditional bar food (pie, ham and eggs, fish and chips etc) there is a wide range of specials on offer each week.

The staff are freindly and the service quick and efficient.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank bobcubitt
Denbigh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

I stay here on average every 6 weeks. I have slept in all the rooms and every one is individual but excellent, always clean and nothing is to much trouble for the staff. If you want fresh milk for the room they give you it in a flask to keep it fresh. The food is excellent, great value for money and always a great selection of real ales. If you stay on a Wednesday you get serenaded by the church bells. I would highly recommend this place and have taken family there to also enjoy the place. Great location for exploring Badby woods are stunning as is the walk to Fawsley Hall over the hill.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Jackie E
Farnham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

We recently stayed at The Windmill with extended family for my brother's wedding. We were incredibly well looked after throughout by Jacqui and the whole team. They coped very well with 19 of us for dinner on the Friday night and the food was excellent. Cooked breakfast was also delicious. We stayed in a large room with our 2 young children which worked well. The double bed was a bit soft and we ended up letting the children sleep in the bed while we slept on the sofa bed and mattress on the floor originally intended for them. The curtains provided privacy but the room was very light so we rigged things up to fix that and all slept fine. Overall there was a wonderful feel to the place and the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Would certainly recommend (ps no swimming pool but can't work out how to remove the rating!)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank fug501
Also consider these accommodations in or near Badby
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
Mercure Daventry Court Hotel and Spa
De Vere Staverton Estate
Cross Roads Hotel Northampton
Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel
Heart of England Hotel Weedon by Marston's Inns

Been to The Windmill at Badby? Share your experiences!