The Windmill at Badby
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Badby
See available hotels
The Red Lion(Hellidon)
Marston House(Southam)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe pubfawsley hallfor sunday lunchthatched rooflovely foodfunction roomalesweddingvenue
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The building is itself a lovely experience having been tastefully restored. The warmth of the welcome we received was as warm as the open fires. The windmill manages to retain the feel of a local pub whilst making you feel so at home, clearly the quality of Jacqui ,the manager ,is expected and achieved through every member of stall. The most important thing to us however was how our labrador was received and I can honestly say one of the best places to take your dog! In short a wonderful experience. Thank You

Room Tip: Tell them your requirements and trust them !
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GreggB363
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Another 'first' for us, this time on the occasion of my wife's Birthday, and my what an experience! - By an amazing piece of detective work (because I had not mentioned it when booking) Jaqcui (the General Manager) had discovered it was my wife's Birthday so our table was very tastefully decorated, along with balloons and some other birthday knick-knacks, so a warm welcome from Jaqcui, Cathy (behind the bar) and the rest of the team at the Windmill Inn. - Now to the food, I had the roast beef, my wife had the pork and we both had the usual accompaniments, the food arrived promptly, was hot and delicious with very generous portions, so generous my wife did not have a pudding but I did, it would have been rude not to since there was an excellent choice on offer, I settled for the chocolate and ginger cheesecake which was superb (see picture). Would we go back? Most definitely - thanks for making a special day very special :-)

Room Tip: Did not stay on this visit.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Thom S
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I don't usually write reviews, but this was so good, I feel I should tell people. We stayed for one night and attended a birthday meal with family and friends. The staff couldn't have been more welcoming, warm and helpful - they were just lovely. They were great with our children, who tell me it's the best hotel they've ever stayed in! The lovely relaxed, warm atmosphere was perfect for a family party, and it was a great setting for the get-together. We came away feeling rested and relaxed, having had a great time. And it was very good value.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ana S
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed for one night over the weekend and enjoyed lovely walks around the area and good beer and food in the pub. Helpful staff and lovely atmosphere. Lovely burning fire making you feel very welcome. the room was clean and tidy although on the small size. We had to mind each other when walking around as could not get 2 passed (and we are on the skinnier size.) Breakfast was good too.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank thaily
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My friend and I had dinner in the snug on a Friday night. Very friendly staff, great atmosphere and excellent food! We had 2 courses and was great value.

The pub also is pet friendly which is nice, great feel to the pub/ restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends