“Great place for lunch.”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Badby
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Great place for lunch.”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Badby is a bit out of our way for lunch but there are so few restaurants in Northamptonshire where you can sit and enjoy a meal with your four legged friend that we decided to try it. A good decision! Not only are dogs welcome but our dog was given a treat! Of course, people are welcome too and we were given such a warm welcome that we have returned and will continue to do so. I am not writing this to tell you how dog friendly they are but the most important thing to most people is the food so I can tell you that it is great!!!Nice atmosphere, friendly people, dogs welcome, good food. Give it a try!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Daventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I confess to being a Badby resident, and The Windmill is my local - for 30 years! However, tonight's meal with our best friends (from Up North) was superb. Andrea and staff are very caring, very friendly, and usually efficient. Tonight they excelled. All meals hot and tasty, my peppercorn sauce on venison burgers really tasty, chips are the best, and we all agreed that the Banoffi Pie (homemade, real banana slices!) was the star. Good choice of wines, red and white; beers were Doom Bar, Hobgoblin, Jennings Cockerhoop, and a hoppy guest ale. As usual, great choice, well kept.
Thank you Windmill, yet another good pub meal, great service, and happy staff. Proud to be a regular .....

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank AndyLFC_9
Northampton
Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

This is a fantastic local pub of my husband and I you just cannot fault the location, decor, service or the food it's excellent. All the food is homemade and freshly cooked to order so you do sometimes have to wait a while but trust me it's worth it! 100% recommend!! Book a table now!!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Jadmara2009
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I met a colleague here for lunch and it was a very nice experience. Good food, country pub ambience and friendly people who kindly mailed on an item of clothiing I dropped in the bar. It's a pretty village too.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Martin V
Daventry
Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Thanks for a fabulous evening. We were a party of 14 celebrating my wife's 40th birthday. The standard and choice of food was excellent. The new layout of the dining room made for a real cosy setting. This is the 2nd we have visited The Windmill this year and will definitely be back again. You'll not be disappointed!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank W00ky
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed here on the way to visit family in Berkshire. The welcome was very friendly although the premises are being renovated so floors were partially laid and doors not on their hinges so our first impressions were not excellent.
The evening meal was delicious with the food cooked to perfection and the fact that this is a real ale pub only added to our enjoyment. We walked off our meal by wandering through the picturesque village to the other pub, meeting some interesting locals, before returning for a night cap.
Our room was freshly decorated, clean and tidy with a spacious bathroom.
For an overnight stay it was perfect, not too far off the M1 but tucked away from any busy A-roads.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Badby, an excellent choice as the corridor is double ended and no-one has reason to...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I celebrated my 30th birthday party at The Windmill last night and I must say, the customer service provided by ALL of the staff that I dealt with was 100% perfect! I had the most wonderful night in the restaurant area which was used to host my party and the staff really helped the occassion to be a great success.
I only booked the event a couple of weeks in advance, but when I went to speak with the head chef about the food that i wanted, he was very helpful and straightforward to deal with and more than happy to work with the budget that I had provided - which took away the stress of planning a special occassion. And when I called the pub a few days prior to the party, instead of getting the usual 'the chef isn't here at the moment', the lady who answered the phone was very efficient and able to tell me exactly what the menu was going to be and she chatted with interest to me about the plans for the evening. I really felt that I was being looked after.
On the day itself, the manager of The Windmill was incredibly kind and helpful - the room was set up beautifully and I really got the impression that everyone was working well together. The food was great - a lot more than i expected and all of my guests enjoyed it and the bar staff were efficient and courteous all evening.
I really did have a fantastic birthday party and I couldn't have chosen a better location to hold this very special occassion.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Angela W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Badby
De Vere Staverton Estate
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
Mercure Daventry Court Hotel and Spa
Cross Roads Hotel Northampton
Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel
Ibis Rugby East
Ibis Rugby East
#1 of 2 in Crick

Been to The Windmill at Badby? Share your experiences!