“Fantastic Night”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Badby
The Windmill at Badby
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Badby
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Had a great night with family and friends. There was a theme night with a magician. The food was excellent with a wide choice to suite all tastes and appetites. The service was great, far better than the other pub in the village which I have also experienced recently. After everyone had finished eating the magician performed various magic tricks from slicing off someone's arm to card tricks. The beer was also of high quality. Overall an excellent night that I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank W00ky

Reviewed January 24, 2012

Had an evening here with my partner and another couple. Was a bit of a let down, thought that the prices would reflect the quality of the food and dining experience but I have to say I would rather have had a tin of tomato soup at home!
The atmosphere was cold when we walked in. A lovely lady behind the bar greeted us but was as if the staff didn't actually get along....felt very awkward...great choice of menu but it took quite a while for us to get starters, I mean I don't mind waiting but I think 45 mins is a bit too long. But mains came straight after. Service was good but I in general was a bit disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Thomas M
Reviewed December 24, 2011

Chose the Windmill as a venue for a family gathering as had been impressed when we ate here some years ago. As there were 10 of us we were asked to pre-book our lunch menu choices which meant the food, which was of very good quality, was served extremely promptly. We are seated in a small side room which we had to ourselves so felt almost like dining at home without the hassle of having to cook and serve a meal. The service was extrmely good and the bar offered an excellent choice of real beers. As organiser of the event I was pleased to get several messages sayimng what a giood choice of venue the Windmill was.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank weekendwalker061
Reviewed December 17, 2011

Stayed here in the late part of November and had to laugh at the service in the evening! Food was ok, worse as at home only dearer! The breakfast was even worse after seeing the reviews we were expecting a hearty breakfast, instead we got burnt bacon, dried up beans and a runny egg, not good at all and then was greeted by the cook. One miserable little lady!

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Daniellnicks4567
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Proper pub with a good menu, good food, which is amazingly good value and hotel quality rooms. I wish it was my local...but then I probably wouldn't need to stay there.

Room Tip: The Windmill Room is one of the larger rooms, in the old part of the building at the front, over one...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GuestyDevon
Reviewed October 23, 2011

We were so undecided about where to have our wedding reception, but on our first visit to the windmill we knew this was the place. We booked the venue in January and went twice after to confirm arragments with the manager.
The day of our wedding we arrived at the windmill at 1130 and spent the whole day/evening and night.
I have to say the staff were excellent they made our day so special we couldnt have imagined how great they made the room look and all the little extras which us and our guests feel so comfortable and nothing was to much trouble.
We had a sit down 4 course meal for 40 people which was excellent and everyone was offered seconds. In thevening we then had an extra 35 guest with a buffet and again nothing was too much trouble. When guests asked for drinks they didnt have the manager sourced bottles from else where to keep everyone satisfied.
We had such a wonderful day I really cant put into words how we feel.
Thank you all for making our day so wonderful and unforgettable.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank shell_cane
Reviewed October 18, 2011

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our family stay at the Windmill Inn, in Badby. We were part of a family party - booked throughout 6 rooms.
Hotel staff are very welcoming and friendly, Simon helped the 'boys' enjoy discounted golf rounds over 2 days too on the nearby golf course.
Rooms are basic but very adequate. Ironing board on request. No hairdryer that I noticed. When the staff come into your room to straighten the beds and refresh the towels - they also tidied up for me and hung up my clothes - a little touch I was very grateful of
Breakfast was fabulous all hot and freshly cooked. Cereals and juice to start, toast and a Full English. It was so filling it lasted us until dinner. At dinner we ate from the 'Pub Grub/Classics' Menu. All our meals and the accompanying garlic bread and onion rings were delicious. All 16 of our family ate there and there were no complaints. Ales on tap too for the beer lovers.

Room Tip: The Windmill Room is a very nice Double.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank lisa w
Also consider these accommodations in or near Badby
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
Highgate House Hotel
Highgate House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Creaton
Cross Roads Hotel Northampton

Been to The Windmill at Badby? Share your experiences!