We had an excellent meal here to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The staff were attentive and friendly and the food was beautifully presented and delicious. We enjoyed a lovely chat with the chef who, although being self taught, was able to produce some unusual dishes of superb food worthy of any good restaurant. Our twice baked goat's cheese souffle with a pear and walnut salad was to die for. The loin of lamb stuffed with chicken mousse was delicious.
There was a friendly warm atmosphere in this old inn and we shall certainly return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17th-century inn, located in Low Row, Swaledale. Ideal base for walking and touring the northern dales. The coast to coast walk is on our doorstep. Re-opened in 2006, we offer 11 comfortable en-suite bedrooms. Stripped pine furnish the bar and restaurant. Our mirror menu changes daily reflecting the seasonal local produce from dales suppliers. A relaxed and informal environment in which to enjoy good food served along with local beers such as Black Sheep and Theakstons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Punch Bowl Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Punch Bowl Hotel Richmond
- The Punch Bowl Inn UK/Low Row, Yorkshire