We ate here for lunch following recomendations in a book.
The food was gastopub-style. The chowder was very good, but strangely served with the panini. These 'posh sandwiches' didn't quite work. Balsamic vinegar on baked ham was a nice idea, but it just doesn't work. The beer was good.
I get the feeling that this pub doesn't quite know what it is. If it aims to be a high quality restaurant, then the food needs to be somewhat better; if it's a country pub, then it should be more authentic. The office area should be screened from the bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17th-century inn, located in Low Row, Swaledale. Ideal base for walking and touring the northern dales. The coast to coast walk is on our doorstep. Re-opened in 2006, we offer 11 comfortable en-suite bedrooms. Stripped pine furnish the bar and restaurant. Our mirror menu changes daily reflecting the seasonal local produce from dales suppliers. A relaxed and informal environment in which to enjoy good food served along with local beers such as Black Sheep and Theakstons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Punch Bowl Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Punch Bowl Hotel Richmond
- The Punch Bowl Inn UK/Low Row, Yorkshire