“Excellent......again.”

and 1 more site!
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Staddlebridge
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We said last time that we would stay in the hotel on our return......we stayed last night and had a wonderful time (yet again).

The room was truly superb excellent decor and a luxury bathroom.

All the staff were polite and attentive which made the stay even more enjoyable.

We had cocktails by the roaring log fire which set the mood for our meal in the Bistro. The food was prepared to the usual high standard washed down with a bottle of Chianti, deserts, coffees to follow and retired to our room....oh what a difference when not having to drive. Not cheap but worth every penny for a special occasion.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Barneswallisred
Cleveland T, Manager at The Cleveland Tontine, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We are very proud of our new bedrooms so I am delighted to hear that you were impressed. Come back again soon, we have lots of lovely things coming up!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

What can I say.. The service was 5 star from the moment we entered till the time we left.

The room was out of this world we stayed in room 7 coach house it's split level bath room is huge. My only wish would be that it had a bath for 2 their is room

The food was out of this world again the service is hard to find an equal

Will stay again without question.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Rob51559
Cleveland T, Manager at The Cleveland Tontine, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

I am so pleased that you had such a wonderful time at The Cleveland Tontine. We are always trying to improve the experience for our guests so it is great to hear that our efforts are paying dividends. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon

Reviewed February 7, 2014

We fancied a relaxing lunch somewhere nearby and after phoning a few places about dealing with coeliac condition, the Cleveland Tontine gave us the satisfying response that the chef could easily adjust the menu to cater for our needs. Could he adjust the three-course-£20 menu. Yes, no problem.
The Hotel is located within view of the moors immediately by the A19 so very easy to find. The place looked smart.
The staff were friendly, perfectly attentive and intelligently polite. We were sat by a fireside with our drinks to peruse the menu and given the perfect amount of time to do so. Sue was told how the menu could be adjusted minimally to take into account her coeliac condition. We were then led downstairs to a (Parisan themed bistro?) room with another fire, which was adequately warm on a cold day. The set menu offered a choice from three starters, mains and desserts. We both had mackerel starters, which though looked small were actually very satisfying. For main, I chose the minted lamb dish, which was fun and excellent. Sue’s chicken dish was fine though she could not have the potato croquet. Desserts offered to me were apple crumble with ginger ice cream, chocolate fondant or lemon tart. I chose the latter, which continued to live up to the excellent quality of the food I’d eaten previously. An alternative choice of three desserts was offered to Sue; baileys brulee, panacotta or a compote with meringue and she rated the brulee as the highlight to her meal. Presentation of the dishes was also attractive.
Total price including drinks, excluding service £51. All in all exactly what we had wanted. The only tiny criticism we could find was that the chicken dish didn’t quite live up to the quality of the other dishes, though it was still very good. We are very pleased we went and will definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul H

Thank you for your review. We try very hard to cater for all our guests so it is great to hear that you and your wife felt well looked after. We look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed at the Tontine on 8th January in advance of a conference on the 9th. It was a truly magical experience. I received such a warm welcome from Sunny the receptionist - how appropriate. Nothing was too much trouble for her - she is definitely one of their best assets. Then to my room - Mount Grace - truly spectacular and I was immediately put at rest as a lady travelling alone which is so important. I ate in the restaurant in the evening and again was not disappointed. The food was first class and delicious but the experience was made all the more enjoyable because the "waiter" made me feel so special - very attentive without being intrusive. In honesty the whole experience has been one of the best I have had during my travels on business and privately.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Sheila C
Cleveland T, Manager at The Cleveland Tontine, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Sheila C,

We love your heading ‘A Truly Magical Experience’! That is the effect we wish to bestow on all our guests! Seriously though, I will pass your very kind and humbling words onto the team.

Do please 'spread the word' down south and come back and visit us again soon.

Many thanks,

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I attended this stylish and superb hotel's New Year's celebration this year where I was treated to some of the best food I have ever eaten in a wonderfully friendly and inviting atmosphere. I checked-in to a stunning room - The Coach House (Room 7) - which was split over two levels. The 'bedroom' part of the room was decorated beautifully, had great space and free Wi-Fi. Upstairs the bathroom was again beautifully decorated and complete with a free-standing bath. After getting suited and booted I headed downstairs to the sound of bag pipes and enjoyed a champagne reception in the bar area which was again very tastefully decorated and had a lovely homely feel. Parties were then escorted downstairs to the restaurant and seated by very friendly and knowledgeable staff. The seven course meal was then served. I am not exaggerating when I say that every course was some of the best food that I have ever eaten (I was part of a large table and all food was served at a consistently and brilliantly high standard). After dinner guests were then invited back upstairs (again accompanied by bag pipes - a lovely touch) where there was a brilliant band followed by a DJ and disco. The night went on until the early hours and the staff were very happy to oblige all requests no matter the hour. When the fun had ended I enjoyed a drink by the open fire before a great night's sleep in a very comfortable bed. In the morning I enjoyed a delicious breakfast of haddock and poached eggs (the establishment clearly source fantastic local produce) before checking out without being rushed or hurried at any point whatsoever. All in all, the Cleveland Tontine is a superb establishment in a beautiful part of the country. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable and the decor and food are stunning. I would fully recommend the 'Tont' to anyone.

Room Tip: All rooms are decorated individually and look fantastic. I stayed in the Coach House which had lovel...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Cleveland T, Manager at The Cleveland Tontine, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear AshS,

We are truly humbled by your wonderful review following your stay with us on New Years Eve - thankyou!

May we wish you a very Happy New Year and we hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

A complimentary bottle of champaign arrived when they found out this was a treat for my 60th birthday. The large bedroom had a real wow factor along with the huge bathroom complete with roll top bath which had to be filled with bubbles for a relaxing hour. Then time to get ready for an evening meal to die for. I choose the pork fillet, which had belly pork that I thought I wouldn't eat but that was the best part. My hubby had pigeon followed by venison Wellington again beautifully cooked and delicious. We finished the evening with a coffee by the log fire. The bed was too firm for me but everything else was superb a wonderful time for a special day. Many thanks to hubby for arranging it and hotel, restaurant and kitchen staff for making it so special. Expensive but worth it. So close to some wonderful places, York, Northallerton, Stoklesy, Guisborough, etc

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Smoggie53,

We are delighted that we were able to assist in making your birthday treat a memorable one.
On behalf of the team here at The Cleveland Tontine, may we once again, wish you a belated very Happy Special Birthday and a Happy New Year!

Come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Spent a night here after enjoying a day in the local countryside.wonderfully comfortable bed in a beautifully decorated room with all the mod cons (and free wi-fi!!!!) so really can't fault it in Anyway and the staff were all very professional and friendly... and as for breakfast it set us all up for the rest of the day! Really looking forward to the next time.

• Stayed: December 2013
Cleveland T, Manager at The Cleveland Tontine, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear DavidW,

So glad you spent a comfortable night in one our refurbished rooms with all the mod cons! All of our rooms are quite different (all with mod cons etc) so do come back and visit us again soon and see another one!

The Cleveland Tontine Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Staddlebridge
Solberge Hall Hotel
The General Tarleton Inn
The General Tarleton Inn
#1 of 1 in Ferrensby
Swinton Park Country Club and Spa

Been to The Cleveland Tontine? Share your experiences!