“Friendly Staff”

Dining options: Breakfast
walsall
“Friendly Staff”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

The staff are extremely friendly and go out of their way to be pleasant. Service was very quick. Food was reasonable albeit a tad on the expensive side. Free WiFi is a bonus.

Visited June 2014

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Amazed !”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

It had been many years since I went into a Little Chef. Once the mainstay of my dining on the road they priced themselves out of the market years ago. But all has changed, Myself and my brother went in. The good old Olympic breakfast for him, and the VEGETARIAN version of the same for me! Result. Absolutely Brilliant, well cooked, well served and well priced. I shall start to use them again. WELL DONE.

Visited May 2014
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“A Little Nostalgia at the Little Chef”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Driving north up the A1, you pass a number of former Little Chef buildings at the side of the road, some reincarnated, others left rotting like a rubbish bin. A shame, especially as Little Chef do quick, easy and tasty food very well, even if their restaurants' decoration, minus the few "new" restaurants of recent years, feel like it is still the year 1994. You don't call into a Little Chef to marvel at wallpaper and lampshades however. If you're like me, you take a break from the A road to enjoy a hearty breakfast. Little Chef call it the Olympic Breakfast and it certainly is that. What I particularly love about Little Chef breakfasts is that there is nothing greasy about them. My Olympic consisted of bacon, sausage, mushroom, tomato, baked beans, two eggs and toast and I chose hash brown as a little extra whilst jettisoning the black pudding. The place was very busy on the Saturday morning I visited which slowed the service down a little. The staff however were friendly and attentive. I ordered a second pot of tea and when the waitress had forgotten about the order in the restaurant rush, I was given my beverage free of charge. A kind gesture. I haven't eaten here for lunch or dinner (there aren't any southbound now to my knowledge between Northumberland and Doncaster) but the next time I'm in the area and I fancy a hearty breakfast before a long walk, I would not think twice about calling again. Very nice.

• Visited April 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I normally stop here when returning back to Newcastle. Granted the decors not the best, the food is average and tends to be a bit pricey if there is a few of you. I like it, God knows why! Staff are very friendly and attentive. The food isn't the best and wont win any awards but if you want a simple meal to fill a hole then it does the job.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank MrLittleElf
“Don't visit ,Waste of time and money”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

We called in here 13th Dec 2013 for a coffee, decided to have a snack breakfast. My wife had scrambled eggs with sausage and toast, I had hamburger only. We also ordered two standard coffees( knowing they are normally huge) these coffes were not they were SMALL. My wife's meal was bland! The burger came in very large bread bun, was quite soggy so was left on plate, the meat in burger was ok. They gave chips which were Pom not cut fresh potatoes. Soft tasteless and loads of them. We were asked would we like more coffee, my wife asked for top up. Sorry no top up pay for extra coffee. The service was ok pushing a 20%discount next time you came. This very medicos meal was an eye watering £18:50.will never call there again.
Note: many years ago this cafe was called "The Clock Cafe" and was well known for its great food, truckers used to stop there. Sadly is not even close to its old self.

Visited December 2013