“Not again”
Review of Little Chef - CLOSED

Little Chef
Cuisines: British, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Not again”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I'm not stopping here again. I came up from Leeds and stopped with some friends. If I had of nown Burger King was a little further on I would've stopped there.

• Visited September 2013

Alnwick, England, United Kingdom
“Such a shame”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were hoping to give this long-established UK brand a good review but it was not really possible.The staff were young and tried to please, my baked potato with Tuna was fine, BUT:

1.0 Because service was so slow that had created its own crisis. The car park was almost full, and we were kept waiting at the" wait here" sign far too long. Food arrived far too slowly for a "quick stop" proposition one assumes they aim at- this is no romantic rendezvous...

2.0 My companion's cheese and ham sandwich had bread sliced so thickly it was genuinely closer to a cube than a rectangle. Forced to try eating a Danish style open sandwich she then found that the bread had not been buttered. Worst of all

3.0 The Gentlemen's toilets were truly disgusting, with pans close to overflowing, the only paper strewn on the floor and smell like the 3rd world. There was no record of when " last inspected" but I suspected not very recently. I was forced to tell the staff that it must be cleaned NOW. If something was not done, they should be shut down as a health risk..

• Visited August 2013
Widnes, United Kingdom
“Great staff - shame about the food!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Title of review says it all really. Great staff, but very average food. Service excellent, especially Joanne and Clive

Visited June 2013
Hexham
“Going on earlier reviews...they've listened”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The place is still in need of renovation but I tell you, it was sparkling clean and the food was piping hot and served less than 10 minutes after we ordered. The manageress served us, she was cheerful and efficient, and we would definitely go again. That lady deserves the franchise to invest in her and her team.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank SheMag
“Why did I give it a second chance?”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Well, we needed a bathroom stop and thought why not have some lunch. Well you should see the warning signs, empty car park, only one table occupied.

Very bad smell of cooking fat.

Bathroom reasonably clean but window had been broken and no attempt to repair or patch up.

On leaving we noticed the kitchen, if we had seen this on way in we would of turned around. Dirty overflowing pan, filthy microwave and grill near microwave dirty.

Now the food. Plates, stone cold, making food cold, I had to send my mozzarella a pesto burger back as it was cold. As for the burger, I was expecting something Cheesey / garlicky / basil like....... No tasted like a cheap frozen veggie burger from the smart price range.

My partner had hotdog and chips, £4.19, for jumbo hotdog and chips, my daughter had kids hotdog and chips (half hot dog) £3.19 plus £1.00 for chips, mmmmmm ever felt ripped off?

In total bill came to £23 for 2 meals, kids meal and 2 drinks, not too bad but wish I'd gone to anywhere else!

Wouldn't mind even if its a bit tired and dilapidated a bit of elbow grease and cleaning products would make a huge difference, it's not as if they were busy.

The staff, chef apologised for cold food, person taking money polite, asked if everything ok, I said not really she smiled and said sorry.

• Visited May 2013