“Amazing Italian”

Holiday Inn Darlington A1 Scotch Corner
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Scotch Corner
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Great holiday Inn. Clean pool and decent sauna. Rooms are standard holiday Inn rooms but the best part is the restaurant. It's Italian and the food is amazing. The location is a little noisy as its on the roundabout at scotch corner but don't let that worry you as once inside you forget this. Very friendly staff too.

1  Thank jillegreen
Keith S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Darlington A1 Scotch Corner, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback - I am pleased to hear that you were impressed by the hotel and you had an enjoyable stay. Our goal is to constantly provide excellent service.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed August 14, 2013

As a Platinum member I was hoping for good things having been passed this hotel a number of times. Quite unassuming from the outside, large car park which if your not a resident you have to pay for, so beware of the cameras! Check in was efficient, name was on the list so just signed the paper and picked up the key. Upgraded to an executive room, which was at the end of a strange sterile corridor, this 1st floor was a mixture of executive and normal rooms. Room looked ok, clean but limited windows due to the design of the building and a view of nothing much, biggest window was in the bathroom but this was covered with a net curtain (yes net curtains in a bathroom!!) Tried to find information on hotel/gym/pool but no documentation found, seems its all on the TV which didn't work, network fault and the remote didn't work either. Decided to log onto to the free wifi, waste of time, its slow to stop, so much so I used my 3G dongle the whole stay, not much point in providing a free service if its useless. Tried the shower which I had high hopes for as it looked the part, unfortunately a slow dribble was all it could provide. Never tried the bar or restaurant but they didn't look inviting, the whole interior is a mix of modern and old trying to intermix without success. I am sure it could be great, but it need a lot more work, having a good look around the room there were examples of poor workmanship not to mention the cobwebs on the ceiling. At least it had a mini bar which was actually stocked with drink if you want to pay through the nose for mini bottles of booze. Take some ear plugs as the walls are paper thin, could hear everything going on in the rooms around the corridor, also had a room full of teenage girls next to me who insisted on screaming and shouting most of the night. Shame as I wanted to like the hotel. It also has a gym and pool at the far end of the car park, not attached to the hotel if you are interested in that, though its not for the sole use of the hotel, so you will fight with the other members for space. Great location if you want access to the A1 or A66 otherwise look elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Grindlehop

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us.

Unfortunately due to a maintenance fault that was out of our control, our TV net work did go down. We are currently in the process of having fibrotic broadband being installed into the hotel. To provide all our guests with quicker internet access. I have addressed the other issues with the relevant departments. I can only apologise that your stay has been far from what you would expect at the Holiday Inn.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed at hotel for 1 night on 9 Aug. We booked in, taking advantage of the military family discount which made a significant difference to the bill. I would definitely recommend the family room which was very generous; easily accommodating 2 adults and a 5ft 8 14 year old (who was quite comfy in a full size single bed). The rooms were extremely clean, well decorated and comfortable, with a huge bathroom! Our room (209) was very quiet. We arrived after a gruelling 7hr journey from S. Wales (traffic was awful) and decided not to try and find a restaurant locally but decided to give the Italian restaurant in the hotel a try. The meal and service were excellent. After a great night's sleep we went down to breakfast which was also very good. All in all I was very glad I booked this as it provided everything we needed and was excellent value for money. I would highly recommend to anyone but especially military families due to the discount and as it was only 17 minutes away from the Catterick Garrisons.

• Stayed: August 2013
Keith S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Darlington A1 Scotch Corner, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay with us - I am pleased to hear that you were impressed by the hotel and you had an enjoyable stay. Our goal is to constantly provide excellent service to all out guests to help ensure a comfortable stay.

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a large wedding party. They had double booked some of the rooms so despite members of our party booking an executive room a long time in advance they ended up with standard rooms. We had an exec room which was very specious and we were very pleased with. Big bathrooms few freebies which was nice. Good swimming pool. I'd avoid the Italian restaurant on site if I went there again it wasn't good. Bar service very slow in hotel and drinks pricey. Very modern hotel nicely decorated. Served its purpose v well as a place to stay after a wedding near by.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback - I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Darlington, we take on board all your comments made and appreciate any opportunities to improve our product and services we offer to all our guests.

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

What can I say, this hotel is fantastic for being a chain hotel. Offering services that I would expect from a five star London hotel. The restaurant that is attached to this hotel is fantastic value and superb quality and if that doesn't take your fancy then there is the bar where you can order from an extensive menu good top quality pub grub. Friendly, helpful well mannered and knowledgeable staff. There is also a fitness suite to the rear of the hotel complex that you get free full access to when staying in the hotel that would rival most gym's, with a swimming pool, fully equipped cv and weights room. The hotel where also very welcoming towards families even having child swimming lessons available in the fitness suite when booked or if your child can already swim there are long child friendly sessions. Overall this hotel is not only really good quality and value for money it's clean tidy very well presented and has everything that you will need on sight. If I was to be really picky (and this is me being very picky now) the only thing that I can say that's bad is that the exit from the car park to the round about can be a little awkward and busy making it hard to pull out for some time. But like I say that is me being very picky. Would and Will stay at this hotel again and again.

1  Thank Bobstermoore

Many thanks for taking the time to post a lovely review on our hotel; it is a delight to read that you had an excellent experience with us at the Holiday Inn Darlington.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed here for one night with my family. The staff were very friendly and very efficient. The room was awesome with air conditioning and a very comfy bed. All area's were particularly clean and in very good condition. The food was great.
The swimming pool and spa area was very clean and very good. However our stayed was ruined by my daughters not being allowed to swim in the swimming pool before breakfast. The children's swimming times were 10 - 12 am and 3 - 6 pm M - F and 9 - 12 am and 2 - 6 pm S - S. When am away with the family we usually only swim first thing in the morning or later at night after being out for the day.
I would recommend this hotel as the hotel, staff and food was awesome.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the Holiday Inn Darlington. It’s great you hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would recommend our hotel.

We welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Was meeting a friend who stays nearby for a weekend break & car show. Came across the hotel on Bookings.com & got a great deal.
Couldnt believe how plush the place was. It had everything I needed in the room, BIG flat screen tv on the wall, fridge (inc complimentary water & kitkats!), iron & board, hairdryer &toiletries. The room was spotless as was the whole hotel. I didnt eat in the resturant as i was on a budget but accross the roundabout are the services with a costa, burger king & M&S.

The leisure club was also great with a swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna & steam room. Again very clean. Myself & my friend had a great stay & didnt want to leave. I'll definatley recommend it :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Keith S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Darlington A1 Scotch Corner, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for leaving such positive feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scotch Corner
#3 of 8 in Richmond
Middleton Lodge
Middleton Lodge
#4 of 8 in Richmond

Been to Holiday Inn Darlington A1 Scotch Corner? Share your experiences!