Holiday Inn Darlington A1 Scotch Corner
  • Pool
Middleton Lodge(Richmond)
A66 Motel(Richmond)
View Hotel
All reviewsexecutive roomcomplimentary waterseparate buildingovernight stopfree wifileisure clubbar mealsmini barleisure centrecar parkreception staffan upgradequiet roomsteam roombuffet stylegood nights sleepnight stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Was meeting a friend who stays nearby for a weekend break & car show. Came across the hotel on Bookings.com & got a great deal.
Couldnt believe how plush the place was. It had everything I needed in the room, BIG flat screen tv on the wall, fridge (inc complimentary water & kitkats!), iron & board, hairdryer &toiletries. The room was spotless as was the whole hotel. I didnt eat in the resturant as i was on a budget but accross the roundabout are the services with a costa, burger king & M&S.

The leisure club was also great with a swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna & steam room. Again very clean. Myself & my friend had a great stay & didnt want to leave. I'll definatley recommend it :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Keith S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Darlington A1 Scotch Corner, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for leaving such positive feedback.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed here 1 night last Saturday. Hotel was spotless and staff efficient. Luckily did not have room facing the roundabout. We had dinner in the restaurant which was quite busy for early Saturday evening and the food and service was excellent. The only thing I would deduct marks for is the rose wine which was brought to the table had not been chilled sufficiently, but the ice bucket sorted it out for the second glass. At breakfast, the staff need to be on the ball a bit more regarding replenishment of hot items. Another downside at the hotel is that the health club is in a separate building, could do with some sort of connecting corridor to avoid bad weather. But these are minor quibbles, I would not hesitate to stay here again or eat in the restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the hotel.
I am very pleased to here you enjoyed your experience and you would return to us again in the future. I would like to apologise for the minor issues you encountered in our restaurant.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I recently was visiting Catterick Barracks and chose the Holiday Inn to stay at for 1 night.

My first impression was good as they offer a discount to military families, which is good to see recognition being given to our armed services. The room was comfortable with free wireless wifi and a feature I found unusual was the complementary kitkats, water & orange juice in the fridge, I'm used to hotels charging an arm and a leg for such extras, I also noticed that there was a notice in the bathroom stating that if you had forgotten anything such as razors, facecloth, toothbrush etc then reception would send them up with their compliments again I'm used to most hotels supplying such items but at a cost the the guest. The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful at all times. The self service buffet style breakfast offered a good selection in hot and cold food and was well stocked.

All in all I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and in fact I will use it again on my next visit to Catterick, I'm not sure if the military discount is normally offered or wether it was because I was visiting for a Passing out parade.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Manxwriggers
Keith S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Darlington A1 Scotch Corner, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were very impressed with the hotel.

We always offer military discount to all families.

Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed as a stop over on the way to Scotland on the 14th. Great hotel with a nice entrance and very friendly receptionist. Our room was nice with even free water and Choc bars. The bathroom was great,really nice with a big window. It was more like a crowne plaza. Would defo stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback - It is great to read such lovely comments regarding the hotel, staff and service we provide! Thank you!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed in this hotel, and I was pleasantly suprised at how nice the hotel actually was. I was not expecting it to be as nice as it was. My experience with the reception staff was very pleasant, likewise with the bar staff. However when I was in the restaurant for a meal with my family, the service was terrible. Our waitress was more interested in chatting with the chefs and setting everything up for breakfast the next day then serving the guests. I work in restaurant management and believe this service was the worst I've seen. There was two tables, my table of 4 and another table of 2. We ordered wine and it took so long we eventually had to ask for it. After our meal my parents waited 15 minutes for a cup of black coffee. Then it came with stains on the outside of the cup and no teaspoon. This hotel as a whole is great, really enjoyed my stay and felt it was great value for money. Its ONLY the restaurant that lets you down. I will be back to the hotel, just not to the restaurant. Overall very happy with our stay.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank ElleKane
Keith S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Darlington A1 Scotch Corner, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for your review on your stay with us.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall visit to our hotel. I would like to apologise that there were certain aspects of your visit that you did not enjoy. All our staff aim to provide efficient and excellent customer service to all guests staying in the hotel. I do appreciate that on this occasion this did not happen.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again.

Kind Regards