“Great meal”

Wayfarer Bistro
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Lovely restaurant with friendly, helpful staff and wonderful food. The menu was varied, food was delicious and well presented.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

My wife and I had a 'getaway week' booked in a local cottage for our anniversary. We spent 4 out of our 7 evenings at The Wayfarer, not because other options were poor, simply because the food and hospitality offered were second to none. The specials board had a fantastic selection and everything was cooked to perfection. My only complaint was that on our last evening Chris provided me with the strongest complimentary Gin and tonic I have ever had in my life. We are returning to the same cottage in September and no doubt will spend most evenings being looked after at The Wayfarer. Thank you again. Mr and Mrs Lacey

3  Thank Davidlacey
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Magnificent hosts for whom nothing was too much trouble.They even phoned to check we got home safely.A lovely room with our own resident seagull chick.Brilliant meals and excellent service. As good as any hotels we have stayed in - in fact better than most. Thanks for a great week.
Adrian & Gina

1  Thank Gina C
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Great atmosphere, great food, fantastic service, what more do you want?

The specials board had a fantastic choice, I chose a crab fish cake, best fish cake I've ever had! My steak was also done beautifully, could not fault the meal at all.

If you're planning a trip to the bay, book a table here! it gets booked up quickly so don't miss out.

2  Thank RebeccaP21
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Four friends went for 3 nights. The biggest fault was we arrived Monday, the one night the Wayfarer restaurant was closed in the evening. Food at the Victoria Hotel that evening was below Wayfarer's standard. We need a thesaurus because all we can say is what others before us have said, the food amazing, the beds very comfortable because of foam mattress covers, service excellent, always carried out with a smile. Rooms 2 and 3 are not large but have the balconies with superb views of the bay. Shower powerful and towels are large bath sheets. Hot drink facilities in room and hair dryer provided. Free wifi in rooms. Chris is a very caring host and cannot do enough for you.

3  Thank Kate W