“Fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wayfarer Bistro

Wayfarer Bistro
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

My wife and I had a 'getaway week' booked in a local cottage for our anniversary. We spent 4 out of our 7 evenings at The Wayfarer, not because other options were poor, simply because the food and hospitality offered were second to none. The specials board had a fantastic selection and everything was cooked to perfection. My only complaint was that on our last evening Chris provided me with the strongest complimentary Gin and tonic I have ever had in my life. We are returning to the same cottage in September and no doubt will spend most evenings being looked after at The Wayfarer. Thank you again. Mr and Mrs Lacey

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Davidlacey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"A great week"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

Magnificent hosts for whom nothing was too much trouble.They even phoned to check we got home safely.A lovely room with our own resident seagull chick.Brilliant meals and excellent service. As good as any hotels we have stayed in - in fact better than most. Thanks for a great week.
Adrian & Gina

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Gina C
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Beautiful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Great atmosphere, great food, fantastic service, what more do you want?

The specials board had a fantastic choice, I chose a crab fish cake, best fish cake I've ever had! My steak was also done beautifully, could not fault the meal at all.

If you're planning a trip to the bay, book a table here! it gets booked up quickly so don't miss out.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank RebeccaP21
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
“We need a thesaurus!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Four friends went for 3 nights. The biggest fault was we arrived Monday, the one night the Wayfarer restaurant was closed in the evening. Food at the Victoria Hotel that evening was below Wayfarer's standard. We need a thesaurus because all we can say is what others before us have said, the food amazing, the beds very comfortable because of foam mattress covers, service excellent, always carried out with a smile. Rooms 2 and 3 are not large but have the balconies with superb views of the bay. Shower powerful and towels are large bath sheets. Hot drink facilities in room and hair dryer provided. Free wifi in rooms. Chris is a very caring host and cannot do enough for you.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank Kate W
St. Neots, United Kingdom
“Excellent Quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

I ate here in a party of 4 (we had a young child with us that didn't eat due to the time of day) and I found everything about the experience to be excellent.

The quality of food was first-class and, having the opportunity to eat outside, only enhanced the occasion. I had a black pudding starter which I thoroughly enjoyed. I also tasted the mussels which I was torn between having and these too were superb.

If you eat here and are fortunate enough to be able to eat outside with stunning views of the bay please be sure to look at the specials board inside. The menu is great but there are many hidden gems on the board. I had the marinated chilli beef whilst others had fish (the sea bass in particular was beautiful) from the specials board so don't forget to look!

I'd encourage anyone who has the opportunity to eat here.

• Visited July 2014