“Good Bistro”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Good Bistro”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Good food served in a friendly bistro. Good choice on the menu including excellent fish dishes.Value for money. Friendly and efficient staff.

1 Thank kathleen f

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
“No. 1 for Food and Service!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

No wonder you read reviews requesting you to book a table beforehand, this is a very busy restaurant due to excellent hosts and exquisite food! The monkfish medallions and tiger prawns in a thai broth was fantastic and very well presented. The service was first class and all of the dishes and desserts coming out of the kitchen looked extremely well presented and tasty. Well done, you have got this bistro and restaurant just right!!!!

1 Thank Uma01
Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant restaurant”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Excellent food and service, great prices. We visited on a Tuesday night and the atmosphere was great, it felt like a weekend, just shows how popular this restaurant is,never disappoints. We will be back

1 Thank Richard A
York, United Kingdom
“Made our holiday!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Have just returned from 2 nights staying here and ate in the restaurant on Sunday evening, when they have a brilliant offer of 2 main courses and a bottle of wine for an all-inclusive price. Both myself and my friend had steaks and both were superb, cooked to perfection, tasty and large portions, which is always a bonus! We forced ourselves to have deserts, even though we were really too full to justify this and, again, they were delicious, home-made (which I think always makes a huge difference) and BIG! I managed to finish my Oaty Gooseberry Crumble with ice cream but my friend struggled with the Raspberry and White Chocolate cheesecake and even I couldn't manage to finish it off, fantastic as it was! I understand from talking to others that guests even book minibuses and travel in to eat here so what better recommendation do you need? All in all one of the most fantastic meals I've had and I've had a few in my time. Thanks to everyone there it was a perfect end to our short break and we will be back.

• Visited July 2013
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable Eateries”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Busy bistro at the top end of the village. Interesting menu. Pistachios, crisps and olives on arrival. We shared garlic creamy mushrooms, I had plaice my partner chicken. Good selection of well cooked veg. Dessert was a lemon mousse - lovely but more of a lemon cream than a mousse. Service attentive. Would return. Recommended.