“Great Service and Food”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Robin Hoods Bay
The Wayfarer Bistro & Guesthouse
Ranked #11 of 29 Robin Hoods Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We booked last minute and it was a great idea. On arrival we were helped with our luggage and shown to our room. The room was spotless and great facilities, even had a ipod docking station.
We ate at the bistro the food was delicious. We only had starters and mains but gutted I couldnt fit any dessert in. I had the lamb cutlets and it was the best lamb I've ever eaten. The services was also excellent.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nomie86

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This was my second visit to the Wayfarer restaurant and it was just as good the second visit. WE ate there on a Sunday night when the menu is limited but includes mainly fish and steaks with various sauces and accompanied by veg, salad etc and includes a bottle of wine for two for £38. The plates were huge and the fish dish - cod loin cooked with samphire and smoked haddock sauce was delightful. Being gluten free I am pleased to say they could advise me on the menu choices and sauces without too much problem, and the food and evening was delicious!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank shaznayUk
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from a trip to the Wayfarer. B&b was fab- spotlessly clean. The crowning glory was certainly the food- the Bistro is amazing. We both had fish dishes and they were excellent and great value. Would go definitely go back.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Pumba409
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Just home after a couple of lovely nights at the wayfarer. I must be nearly on my 20th visit, whilst Lucy and Chris have been the owners.
Excellent service, excellent food, both in the bistro at night, and at breakfast.
I've recommended this place to lots of friends over the years.
GRADE A ALL THE WAY.

Room Tip: All rooms are very nice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Scott B
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I thought this B&B was good but I've had to rate it as Very Good as there is no rating for just Good - I didn't want to rate it as average as I think it is above the average B&B.

Our welcome was very warm and we were given a few pointers about the area, which was great as it was our first visit.

Our room was very clean and a good size, however the bathroom was tiny and my partner had to dry himself in the bedroom as there wasn't enough room in the bathroom. Still it was lovely, clean and modern and had everything in it we needed.

We ate in the Bistro on one evening and the food was lovely. We both had steaks, unfortunately they got them mixed up (I ordered sirloin and my partner rump) and as I had a sauce on mine we couldn't swap over. We decided not to complain as they tasted Ok. The wine we ordered was gorgeous and my dessert was lovely.

Breakfast was very nice and enjoyable.

The B&B is well situated for the long walk to Whitby (The Cleveland Trail) or for the short walk down to the bay.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and the food at the Wayfarer, and would recommend a visit.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sunandmoon10
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stayed here on the final night of the c2c path. A lovely clean place with good food although a little noisey with rooms at the front from customers exiting the Bistro after 1am. Friendly hosts who run the bistro and does have a good for it's food.

Room Tip: try to avoid the rooms at the front.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Ate here on Sunday 8th September on the recommendation of our B&B host, it was their steak and bake night, 2 steaks and a bottle of wine for £38, we were not disappointed, food, wine and service all excellent! We will definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2013
#19 of 29 in Robin Hoods Bay
Lee-side Bed & Breakfast
Lee-side Bed & Breakfast
#2 of 29 in Robin Hoods Bay

Been to The Wayfarer Bistro & Guesthouse? Share your experiences!