I recommend Streonshalh B & B. It is a beautiful house, with a lot of charm, and the owners/hosts keep the rooms in good order. Good showers. Hot water, decent pressure. But if you are walking and if there is any possibility that you are coming in later than 6:30pm, let them know. It says on their website to check in before 6:30pm, and they mean it.
We were a group of 5 walking the Coast to Coast. We were not moving very quickly and getting late starts, so often we were arriving at our accommodations at around 6pm. However on the steep climbing days and long mileage days (16 - 23 miles) we would come in between 7pm & 8pm. The reason I am giving you this information is because we didn't tell our hosts at Sreonshalh we were running late until about 7pm, when one of our party arrived over an hour before the rest of us. Our host was quite displeased and made it clear he had expected us to check in no later than 6:30pm. When we did arrive in RHB, I popped in to get our party member who had arrived earlier, but didn't contact our host because she (our party member) had all our keys. This caused another problem, because our host had expected me to contact him. In the morning, he made it clear we had upset him, but he still provided an early morning breakfast and was cordial and polite the rest of the time.
That said: The rooms are comfortable and tastefully decorated. They are clean, as are the bathrooms. Room 5 has a too soft bed, but the other rooms my party had (2 & 4, I think) the beds were just right. Breakfast was delicious. We left so early, 7:15am, we didn't have time for a full breakfast, so our host kindly made cereals, toast, and a wonderful fruit salad available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer clean, quiet, comfortable accommodation and can cater for parties of up to 10 people. Hikers welcome, packed lunches available on request. Free Wi-Fi connection. Streonshalh has 6 en-suite letting rooms, consisting of doubles, twins, and singles. We have 4 double rooms, 2 have King Size beds and 2 have 6' Super King size beds. All rooms have flat screen TV/DVD players. 2 of the double rooms can be twin rooms and we have 2 dedicated single rooms with 3' beds. Discount on bookings of 3 or more nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Streonshalh B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Streonshalh Hotel Robin Hoods Bay
- Streonshalh Bed And Breakfast
- Streonshalh B&B Robin Hoods Bay, Yorkshire