A few of us have just stayed for several nights at the Holly Hill Inn whilst attending a wedding in a neighbouring village. We were made to feel welcome by staff and regulars as soon as we stepped into the pub - we went through the usual "signing in" formalities and were then shown to a very spacious, clean and modern bedroom with a huge bathroom. The beds were extremely comfortable, and the views over Richmond town and castle were beautiful. We ate in the pub on the night of arrival - excellent food, and I never heard any complaint of any sort by any of the party. The breakfast was also great, and cheerfully served by Alison at whatever time each couple had chosen. The Inn is situated on a hill (as the name implies) just on the outskirts of Richmond - you could walk into the town but there are one or two daunting hills to negotiate! We found it easier to drive in - parking was never a problem and we just displayed the usual disc which gives 2 hours free parking. We would certainly stay there again and can heartily recommend it to fellow travellers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm and friendly welcome awaits you at The Holly Hill Inn, a traditional English country pub, comfortably laid out with open fires, local ales and lagers including the local, very Yorkshire Black Sheep bitter from The Black Sheep Brewery in nearby Masham and the elegant Peroni to name but two. Superb British and continental fayre, coupled with great wines, four luxury en-suite bedrooms and a function suite complement the venue. Situated on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales National Park, and within easy reach of the historic Georgian town of Richmond, The Holly Hill Inn is a popular retreat for locals and visitors alike. We're also just a stone's throw away from the well travelled coast to coast cycle route from Whitley Bay in the North East to Whitehaven in Cumbria. Why not make a day of your visit and stroll down the hill into town to see the largest cobbled market place in Britain and the adjacent Richmond Castle? We have four luxury, en-suite rooms where you can relax and unwind after a day of sightseeing or business. Stay in one of our well-appointed, en-suite bedrooms, with views of Richmond and the castle and awake to a great Holly Hill breakfast ensuring you start the day on a high. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Holly Hill Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holly Hill Hotel Richmond
- Holly Hill Inn Richmond, Yorkshire